Genshin Impact Japanese Cast, Trailers, Gameplay Revealed, New Beta Test Applications Open (Updated)
Genshin Impact's new beta test applications are open. Cast includes Aoi Yuuki, Rie Tanaka, Chiwa Saitou, Saori Hayami, and Kensho Ono.
MiHoYo published two new trailers for Genshin Impact, an upcoming open-world, online action RPG. It was also revealed that the game will include a Japanese dub besides the Chinese dub, and the cast list was revealed. There are some pretty big seiyuu on the game, with the female protagonist most notably being voiced by Aoi Yuuki.
- Paimon: Koga Aoi
- Traveler (female version of the protagonist): Aoi Yuuki
- Traveler (male version of the protagonist): Shun Horie
- Venti: Ayumu Murase
- Amber: Manaka Iwami
- Lisa: Rie Tanaka
- Jean: Chiwa Saitou
- Diluc: Kensho Ono
- Kaeya: Kousuke Toriumi
- Razo: Koki Uchiyama
- Barbara: Akari Kito
- Xiangling: Ari Ozawa
- Kamisato Ayaka: Saori Hayami
Genshin Impact was announced back in June 2019. You can watch the previous trailer here. The game already had a Beta Test, and applications for the next Beta Test are open on the official site. MiHoYo mentioned you don’t need to sign up again if you already did for the first beta test.
Famitsu also published off-screen gameplay of the Genshin Impact Tokyo Game Show 2019 PS4 demo. You can find it below.
— 原神（Genshin）公式 (@Genshin_7) September 15, 2019
MiHoYo is also the studio behind mobile action game Honkai Impact 3rd. MiHoYo also hired a pretty famous cosplayer, Kurasaka Kururu, for TGS 2019.
Genshin Impact is scheduled to launch in 2020 on PS4, PC, iOS, and Android. Genshin Impact initially started as a manga, which is still ongoing and is pretty nice, from what I’ve read of it.
The trailers are included below. Note that both the Japanese trailer and the English subbed trailer start the same, with Amber introducing herself Virtual YouTuber style. However, both trailers are actually different.
Update: MiHoYo published a new “Paimon’s Sharing Session” on its official site, revealing new details:
In the works:
- A crafting system
- Optional side content like courier quests or extermination quests
- Being able to run a dungeon indefinitely but without rewards after the first few times, instead of being blocked from the dungeon altogether
- A series of secret quests
- A season change system
- Monster AIs behaving differently according to the time of the day
Not in the planning:
- A quickbar for food healing items
- Dynamic clouds when waiting for a new time