Genshin Impact Yelan Kuki Shinobu Materials, Skills, Talents, Beta Buffs
Materials to pre farm for Yelan and Shinobu, current stats in the Beta
Here are the materials you should pre farm for Yelan and Kuki Shinobu ahead of their release in Genshin Impact 2.7, and how their Elemental Skill, Burst, and Talent have changed in the Beta so far, according to data miners.
The private beta for Genshin Impact 2.7 is currently underway, with new details on Yelan and Kuki Shinobu being revealed. In particular, we know which Ascension and Talent Materials the two characters will use. All numbers below are courtesy of The Amber Project. Keep in mind this is all from the Beta and subject to change. It’s only to have an idea of how Yelan and Shinobu works, not to make some damage calculations and builds.
- UPCOMING ANIME – 5 Action series to check out in April 2022
Buffs and Debuffs Changelog (April 19 Update)
As of April 18, the 2.7 Beta server made the following changes according to leakers and WFP:
- Yelan’s C6 was changed: After using Depth-Clarion Dice, Yelan will enter the Mastermind state. In this state, all of Yelan’s Normal Attacks will be the stronger Breakthrough Barbs. These Breakthrough Barbs will have all their normal abilities and the DMG dealt will be considered Charged Attack DMG, dealing
130%156% of their normal DMG. The Mastermind state lasts 20s and will be cleared after Yelan fires 65 arrows.
- Yelan’s Normal Attack was buffed when reaching Level 10 – 4-Hit DMG 42.8%×3 -> 4-Hit DMG 64.3%+64.3% (it’s a buff as it’s easier to land 2 strikes than 4)
- Constellations exchanged – The C3 and C5 Constellations for Yelan were switched with each other. Now her C3 is the Q Level +3 Bonus and her C5 is the E Level +3 Bonus.
- The name of Kuki Shinobu’s Q was changed from Goei to Gyoei.
The Beta changes happened on a Monday as usual. The 2.7 Beta is still ongoing. All these changes were implemented in the data below.
Yelan Ascension and Talent level up materials
- 18 Recruit’s Insignia (Fatui)
- 30 Sergeant’s Insignia (Fatui)
- 36 Lieutenant’s Insignia (Fatui)
- 168 Starconch (Liyue beaches)
- 42 Runic Fang (Ruin Serpent)
- 1 Varunada Lazurite Sliver (Hydro jewels)
- 9 Varunada Lazurite Fragment
- 9 Varunada Lazurite Chunk
- 6 Varunada Lazurite Gemstone
- Prosperity books (Liyue Talent Domain on Monday/Thursday/Sunday)
- Gilded Scale (Azhdaha)
Check the interactive map for Starconch locations, though you probably should have enough already as a veteran player. I detailed the Level Ascension materials numbers for completion’s sake, but the amount needed is the same as usual. It’s the same as every other character.
Elemental Skill and Burst, Talents Stat Numbers for Yelan in the Beta so far (Every Talent at Level 10)
- Normal Attack – Stealthy Bowshot – Perform up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack – Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, flowing water will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged torrential arrow will deal Hydro DMG. Additionally, Yelan will enter a Breakthrough state after spending 5s out of combat, which will cause her next Charged Aimed Shot to have 80% decreased charge time, and once charged, she can fire a Breakthrough Barb that will deal AoE Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- Plunging Attack Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- 1-Hit DMG 80.4%
- 2-Hit DMG 77.2%
- 3-Hit DMG 102%
- 4-Hit DMG 64.3%+64.3%
- Aimed Shot 86.7%
- Fully-Charged Aimed Shot 223%
- Breakthrough Barb DMG 20.84% Max HP
- Plunge DMG 112.3%
- Low/High Plunge DMG 225%/281%
Elemental Skill – Lingering Lifeline
Fires off a Lifeline that tractors her in rapidly, entangling and marking opponents along its path. When her rapid movement ends, the Lifeline will explode, dealing Hydro DMG to the marked opponents based on Yelan’s Max HP.
- Tap – Moves a certain distance forward rapidly.
- Hold – Moves forward rapidly continuously. During this time, Yelan can control her sprint direction and can end her rapid movement by using this Skill again. Additionally, each opponent marked by the Lifeline when it explodes grants Yelan a 34% chance to obtain Breakthrough.
- Skill DMG 40.7% Max HP
- Max Duration (Hold) 3s
- CD 10s
Elemental Burst – Depth-Clarion Dice
Deals AoE Hydro DMG and creates an Exquisite Throw, which aids her in battle. Exquisite Throw follows the character around and will initiate a coordinated attack under the following circumstances, dealing Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP: -Can occur once every second when your active character uses a Normal Attack. -Will occur each time Yelan’s Lifeline explodes and hits opponents.
- Skill DMG 13.15% Max HP
- Exquisite Throw DMG 8.77% Max HP ×3
- Duration 15s
- CD 18s
- Energy Cost 70
Yelan’s Passive Talents
- Turn Control – When the party has 1/2/3/4 Elemental Types, Yelan’s Max HP is increased by 6%/12%/18%/30%.
- Adapt With Ease – So long as an Exquisite Throw is in play, your own active character deals 1% more DMG. This increases by a further 3.5% DMG every second. The maximum increase to DMG dealt is 50%. Recasting the Depth-Clarion Dice while the effect is still in effect will remove the original above effect.
- Lengthy Consideration – Gains 25% more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours.
Yelan’s Constellations (Updated on April 18)
- C1 – Enter the Plotters – Lingering Lifeline gains 1 additional charge.
- C2 – Taking All Comers – When Exquisite Throw conducts a coordinated attack, it will fire an additional water arrow that will deal 12% of Yelan’s Max HP as Hydro DMG. This effect can trigger once every 1.6s.
- C3 – Dealer’s Sleight – Increases the Level of Depth-Clarion Dice by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C4 – Bait-and-Switch – Increases all party members’ Max HP by 10% for 25s for every opponent marked by Lifeline when the Lifeline explodes. A maximum increase of 40% Max HP can be attained in this manner.
- C5 – Beware the Trickster’s Dice – Increases the Level of Lingering Lifeline by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C6 – Winner Take All – After using Depth-Clarion Dice, Yelan will enter the Mastermind state. In this state, all of Yelan’s Normal Attacks will be the stronger Breakthrough Barbs. These Breakthrough Barbs will have all its normal abilities and the DMG dealt will be considered Charged Attack DMG, dealing 156% of their normal DMG. The Mastermind state lasts 20s and will be cleared after Yelan fires 5 arrows.
Quick analysis and thoughts on Yelan
Needless to say, my analysis doesn’t take into account Constellations, or at least only up to C2 as only whales will swipe further than this.
Yelan is a 5-star Hydro Bow character from Liyue. I think a lot of players will compare her to Xingqiu or say she’s a 5-star Bow version of him but seems like they’re different enough to make that comparison void. All of Yelan’s damage scales with Max HP, so you should give her Artifacts with substats increasing her HP as much as possible.
Looking at the Charged Shot buff for staying off the field for 5s, seems Yelan should be best used as a support/sub DPS rather than a main DPS staying on the field. You’d want to deal a lot of damage in a short time frame then switch her out, and keep going through a cycle like that. Her Q’s effect will keep triggering whenever you do Normal Attacks with another character too.
Seems she’ll be good for Vaping strategies too. You could also use Yelan as a main DPS as her Hold E has a 1/3 chance to give her the Charged Shot buff. Lastly, to use Yelan efficiently, you need to use a 4 elements party at all times so Yelan gets the 30% Max HP boost. I’m not a huge fan because it limits your party options. Then again you could ignore this seeing how easy Genshin is anyway.
As for Constellations, if you plan to use Yelan as a main DPS, if you really like her, and can afford it, then you should consider getting her to C1 I guess. It means you could use her E twice, increasing your chances of triggering the Charged Shot buff.
I’m personally not a fan of most Bow characters in Genshin Impact as I don’t like aiming. And I feel like saving for future Dendro and Sumeru characters after 2.8, so I don’t think I’ll pull Yelan for now. I don’t particularly like (or dislike) her character design too. My final decision will depend on who is her seiyuu.
Kuki Shinobu Ascension and Talent level up materials to farm
- 168 Naku Weed (Inazuma beaches)
- Spectral Husk (Specter drops)
- 42 Runic Fang (Ruin Serpent)
- Vajrada Amethyst (Electro jewels)
- Elegance books (Inazuma Talent Domain on Monday/Thursday/Sunday)
- Tears of the Calamitous God (Raiden Shogun)
Check the official interactive map for the locations of Naku Weeds, though you should already have hundreds of them by now unless you recently started playing the game.
Elemental Skill and Burst, Talents Stat Numbers for Kuki Shinobu in the Beta so far (At Level 10)
- Normal Attack – Shinobu’s Shadowsword – Perform up to 4 rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack – Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash 2 rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack – Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- 1-Hit DMG 96.4%
- 2-Hit DMG 88.1%
- 3-Hit DMG 117.3%
- 4-Hit DMG 150.5%
- Charged Attack DMG 110%+132%
- Charged Attack Stamina Cost 20
- Plunge DMG 126.4%
- Low/High Plunge DMG 253%/316%
Elemental Skill – Sanctifying Ring
Creates a Grass Ring of Sanctification at the cost of part of her HP, dealing Electro DMG to nearby opponents. Grass Ring of Sanctification Follows the current active character around. Deals Electro DMG to nearby opponents every 1.5s and restores HP for the active character based on Kuki Shinobu’s Max HP. The HP consumption from using this skill can only bring her to 20% HP.
- Skill DMG – 136%
- Grass Ring of Sanctification Healing – 5.4% Max HP+635
- Grass Ring of Sanctification DMG – 45.4%
- Activation Cost 30% Current HP
- Duration 12s
- CD 15s
Elemental Burst – Gyoei Narukami Kariyama Rite (April 18 Update)
Stabs an evil-excoriating blade into the ground, creating a barrier that cleanses the area of all that is foul, dealing continuous Electro DMG to opponents within its AoE based on Shinobu’s Max HP. If Shinobu’s HP is less than or equal to 50% when this skill is used, the barrier will last longer.
- Skill DMG 6.5% Max HP
- Total DMG 45.4%/77.9% Max HP
- Duration 2s/3.5s
- CD 15s
- Energy Cost 60
Kuki Shinobu’s Passive Talents
- Breaking Free – When Shinobu’s HP is not higher than 50%, her Healing Bonus is increased by 15%.
- Heart’s Repose – Sanctifying Ring’s abilities will be boosted based on Shinobu’s Elemental Mastery – Healing amount will be increased by 75% of Elemental Mastery – DMG dealt is increased by 25% of Elemental Mastery.
- Protracted Prayers – Gains 25% more rewards when dispatched on an Inazuma Expedition for 20 hours.
Kuki Shinobu’s Constellations
- C1 – To Cloister Compassion – Goei Narukami Kariyama Rite’s AoE is increased by 50%.
- C2 – To Forsake Fortune – Grass Ring of Santification’s duration is increased by 3s.
- C3 – To Sequester Sorrow – Increases the Level of Sanctifying Ring by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C4 – To Sever Sealing – When the Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attacks of characters affected by Shinobu’s Grass Ring of Sanctification hit opponents, a Thundergrass Mark will land on the opponent’s position and deal AoE Electro DMG based on 9.7% of Shinobu’s Max HP. This effect can occur once every 5s.
- C5 – To Cease Courtesies – Increases the Level of Goei Narukami Kariyama Rite by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- C6 – To Ward Weakness- When Kuki Shinobu takes lethal DMG, this instance of DMG will not take her down. This effect will automatically trigger when her HP reaches 1 and will trigger once every 60s. When Shinobu’s HP drops below 25%, she will gain 150 Elemental Mastery for 15s. This effect will trigger once every 60s.
Quick analysis and thoughts on Kuki Shinobu
Kuki Shinobu is a 4-star Sword Electro character. It looks like she’s a healer and Electro DMG dealer hybrid, with her damage and healing scaling with her max HP. Shinobu seems kinda tricky to use so you’d probably only add her to your party if you really like her chara design personality or seiyuu.
Shinobu uses the same Ruin Fangss boss drop as Yelan too, so if you plan to use them both it means you’ll need 92 Ruin Fangs. Seems like a pain, and I’m not a fan of the Ruin Serpent fight.
If I decide to pull for Yelan, and get Shinobu in the process, I’ll probably stick with Barb or Sayu whenever I need a healer, which is not often seeing how easy Genshin is anyway. I’m a big fan of Kunoichi characters like Sayu and Shnobim but I’ll probably pass on the latter. Except if it turns out that Kuki Shinobu’s seiyuu is someone I really like.
That’s all the materials and most important Beta Test data for Yelan and Shinobu in Genshin Impact. Make sure to check the Amber Project database if you’re interested in seeing the E/Q/Talents numbers for other levels besides 10. Last but not least, remember both characters are still in Beta and these numbers will keep changing with buffs or debuffs every other day. Do not start making calculations for builds and the like now, or you’ll have to redo them every few days. Wait for Genshin Impact 2.7 and the final stats coming on May 11, 2022.