GG Strive Update 1.09 Patch Notes for August 27 on PS4, PS5, and PC
Guilty Gear Strive fighters get balanced.
GG Strive patch notes for the next update is now live. This new patch adds Jack-O’ as a new playable character for Season Pass 1 owners.
Almost a month after Dickinson’s addition as a new fighter in Guilty Gear Strive, tomorrow, the game will receive its second fighter from Season Pass 1, which is Jack-O’.
You can get the new character by purchasing the Season Pass 1 or waiting for it to become available as a separate DLC.
- CHECK THIS OUT: Halo Infinite Xbox Series X Price, How to Pre-Order Now
Aside from the new character, the next update will fix a number of bugs in different sections of the game. But, most importantly, this new patch applies tons of balancing changes for 16 fighters in the game.
Let’s have a look at GG Strive patch notes:
Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.09 Patch Notes
- Added Jack-O’ as a playable character
- Added Jack-O’ BGM “Perfection Can’t Please Me”
- Reduced input delay on PS4 Pro/PS5 versions (PS4 Standard gets this in the future)
- Fixed an issue where the Counter Setting action options would be displayed incorrectly after matching in Training Mode with the Training Environment set to reflect the prior match.
- Fixed an error where replay data would not be saved properly.
- Replay data saved in battle version 1.03 of the game may not be played back correctly after applying this update.
- Fixed an issue where the effect would not display properly when a Counter Hit and Wall Break happened simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue where the position of the opponent’s character would change greatly after following up on a Dust Attack.
- Fixed an issue where some sound effects such as flames hitting would be played back repeatedly in certain situations.
- Adjusted the BGM volume of some songs, such as battle themes from previous games.
- Fixed errors in certain in-game text.
Major Confirmed Issue
- Network features are completely inaccessible under certain play environments. We are continuing to look into and address this issue.
- Any players experiencing this issue, please contact customer support with the following information: type of console, internet provider, model number of router or network adapter in use and if possible, an image of teh error message or a video showing when the error occurs.
Character Balance and Bug Fixes
- Adjustments to battle balance are planned to take place in August and October. This update focuses on changes to identified issues, such as individual moves.
- We are also currently looking into improving and making changes to overall mechanics as well as certain actions such as projectile special moves and grounded overhead attacks in the update scheduled for October.
In order to check out each character’s balancing changes, click on its name:
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Axl Low
- Chipp Zanuff
- Millia Rage
- Ramlethal Valentine
- Leo Whitefang
- Anji Mito
- Goldlewis Dickinson
Guilty Gear Strive is now available on PS4, PS5, and PC. The update above will be available on August 27 at 3 am ET/7 am GMT/4 pm JST.