A recent report from data analytic site GitHyp reveals the statistics for the major E3 press briefings. The results? A resounding, record-breaking win for the Microsoft E3 2018 Press Briefing. This news comes fresh off the news that E3 closed with 69,200 attendees.
As illustrated by the graph above, several of the major gaming conferences and press briefings were compared based on peak concurrent viewer statistics on Twitch. The results are:
- Microsoft / Xbox — 1.7 Million viewers (1.1 Million in 2017)
- Ubisoft — 1.6 Million viewers (986K in 2017)
- Sony / PlayStation — 1.5 Million viewers (926K in 2017)
- Bethesda — 964K viewers (233K in 2017)
- PC Gaming Show — 893K viewers (552K in 2017)
- Nintendo / Switch — 679K viewers (292K in 2017)
- EA (Electronic Arts) — 528K viewers (676K in 2017)
Impressively, the Microsoft conference pulled ahead with a staggering 1.7 million Twitch viewers at peak hours, followed closely by Ubisoft and Sony.
Interestingly, we also see that only EA had a significant drop off in viewership from 2017; all other gaming conferences saw a significant increase in viewership, including Bethesda’s conference, which saw a more than double increase in viewership this year.
If you’re interested in more E3 news, check out our article on the E3 dreams of our writers to see if they came true. We’ve also got plenty of coverage on the site for E3 news, including archived streams of all the conferences like the Microsoft E3 2018 Press Briefing.