Last year, developer Coffee Stain Studios unleashed carnage in the form of Goat Simulator to unsuspecting players across the world, and after briefly diving into the world of the MMO late last year in a free update with Goat MMO Simulator, the lovably frightening goats are taking on another genre: the buggy, open-world zombie survival simulator.
Developer Coffee Stain Studios revealed through a new trailer that this week will see the release of GoatZ, a new downloadable expansion coming to Goat Simulator on May 7th, 2015 for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions of the game, while it will be released as a standalone app on iOS and Android.
As Goat Simulator‘s crack at the zombie survival genre that’s grown immensely popular thanks to titles like DayZ and H1Z1, GoatZ will boast many of the features that have made the genre so appealing to players across the world – for better, and for worse. The full list of “features” included in GoatZ are below, from developer Coffee Stain Studios:
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
Goat Simulator is available on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 – the GoatZ DLC expansion will release on May 7th, 2015 for PC, Mac, and Linux, and as a standalone app on iOS and Android. The new content will retail for $4.99, while no word has dropped yet on the DLC coming to the Xbox One/Xbox 360 versions of the game yet.
The official launch trailer for GoatZ is available to view below: