The major Japanese retailer Tsutaya just released its weekly charts for the week between February 16th and February 22nd. Tsutaya’s charts are related only to the retailer itself, but they’re considered a quite good indicator of how the general Japanese market, due to the number of Tsutaya stores across the country.
Here’s the chart:
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst – PS Vita
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – 3DS
- God Eater 2: Rage Burst – PS4
- The Order: 1886 – PS4
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse – PS3
- Samurai Warriors 4-II – PS3
- Youkai Watch 2: Headliner – 3DS
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – PS4
- Samurai Warriors 4-II – PS Vita
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse – PS4
- Dead or Alive 5: Last Round – PS3
- Samurai Warriors 4-II – PS4
- Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS – 3DS
- Monster Hunter 4G – 3DS
- Far Cry 4 – PS3
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 3DS
- Dark Souls II – Scholar of the First Sin – PS3
- Super Smash Bros. For Wii U – Wii U
- Pokémon Omega Ruby – 3DS
- Far Cry 4 – PS4
God Eater 2: Rage Burst debuts well, with the PS Vita version on top and the PS4 version in third place, while The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D stays strong in the top three, coming in second after it topped the charts last week.
Perhaps most surprising is the performance of The Order: 1886, that grabbed a flattering 4th place. The story and character driven nature of the game might have clicked with Japanese gamers, especially with Sony Computer Entertainment promoting the game quite heavily in the country.
In order to see the full picture(including actual sales numbers), we’ll have to wait for the Media Create charts on Wednesday.