God of War Collection Developer Working on “Breathtaking Worlds” for Console and Handheld Project
Early last month we reported that Sanzaru Games are working on something for PS4/Xbox One and PC, quite an exciting prospect for all involved.
However, it looks like they’re not quite done with handheld development just yet. A new job posting from the studio suggests that the firm are working on both handheld and console games.
Sanzaru Games Inc. has an immediate Character Artist position working on console and handheld games. Only developers who want to craft immersive experiences and breathtaking worlds need apply.
- Creates characters, vehicles, and props to include modeling, mapping, collision, and tagging
- Paints textures and builds shaders to corresponding assets
- Builds, maintains, and advances rigs, skinning, and weighting
- Develops, experiments, and advances characters using the lasting techniques & software
- Maintains, improves, and advances the assets
- Understands the art pipeline and integrates assets into the game
- Understands the hardware limitations and common techniques
- Works directly with leads & other artists, designers, and engineers
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Very strong understanding of form, color, composition, mechanics, and physics
- Working knowledge of Maya and/or other 3D software
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, BodyPaint, Mudbox, ZBrush and/or other similar software packages
- Working knowledge of Unreal technology a plus!
- Ability to multi-task and adapt easily to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively
Usually it’s fun to take a look at these kind of career adverts and spot the clues as to what game the position is related to, but in this case it’s a little more difficult as there aren’t any obvious hints, even with the mention of vehicles that could be any manner of games and the vehicles could be player controlled or simply features within the world.
Sanzaru Games have previously worked on some big name titles that include the God of War Collection and The Sly Collection for the PS Vita as well as their own original entry in the Sly Cooper series with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time for the PS Vita and PS3.