After releasing for the Nintendo Switch earlier this year, today, we have learned that Vertex Pop’s side-scrolling arcade shooter Graceful Explosion Machine will be arriving next month on August 8 for PS4 and PC.
Now, you might be wondering to yourself, “Just what is Graceful Explosion Machine?” Well, if you aren’t familiar with the game, then this quick description from the Vertex Pop website should give you a good idea of the game’s premise.
Skillfully pilot the Graceful Explosion Machine, a fighter ship armed with a ludicrously overpowered quad-weapon array! Lost in deep space, you’ll shoot, dash and combo your way through jewel-hued uncharted planets, fighting an alien armada to find a way home.
In addition, Graceful Explosion Machine boasts the following features:
- Blisteringly intense side-scrolling arcade shooter
- Devastatingly powerful quad-weapon array – four unique and dynamic weapons
- Survive an alien onslaught in 30+ levels across four distinct planets
- Gorgeous visuals bursting with vibrant colours, and bold geometric design
- Hypnotic synthesizer-driven soundtrack
- Extensive statistics and rankings encourages replayability to perfect the combo system
- Compete in Score Attack mode: a finely-tuned experience for racking up big scores!
As you can see, Graceful Explosion Machine is focused primarily on blowing away enemies as fast possible while offering colorful visuals and an electric soundtrack. The four different combat functions in the game add a lot of depth and allow players to play in the style that they like best. While it may look simplistic at first, GEM will take lots of skill and patience to achieve that perfect run and get a new high score.
To coincide with the release date announcement, a new trailer was also released today showing off some gameplay footage from Graceful Explosion Machine. You can find it below if you would like to check it out for yourself. As stated before, Graceful Explosion Machine is currently available for purchase on the Nintendo Switch and will be available next month on August 8 for PS4 and PC.