Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Patch is Live Right Now
Earlier than expected and just a few hours before the release of a prominent competitor in the US, the Spec 2.0 patch for Gran Turismo 5 has gone live on the PlayStation Network and is available for download now.
The patch, as announced by Kazunori Yamauchi last week and as suggested by the number, includes a whole slew of game-changing improvements that were strongly desired by the community, like the ability to save during races, the addition of internal views to all cars, user-controlled weather and official support for the Logitech G25 and G27 steering wheels.
You can find the full list past the cut:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
- Spec 2.0 opening movie.
- Improved UI usability and response.
- Replay rewind and fast forward.
- Ability to save during a race
- Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races).
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.).
- Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.
- Improved physics and AI.
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.
- Several minor fixes and adjustments.