Gran Turismo Sport Dominates PS4 Digital Download Sales Chart in Japan
Sony released its PS4 digital download chart, and Gran Turismo Sport is at the top. Many VR titles show that PlayStation VR is becoming more popular.
Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan released its weekly PS4 digital download chart for the week between October 16th and October 22nd. This week is quite interesting because it give us an idea of the performance of Gran Turismo Sport on the local PlayStation Store.
- Gran Turismo Sport
- Dead Rising
- City Shrouded in Shadow
- Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- No Heroes Allowed! VR
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition
- Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo Seven Days Etude
- Star Wars: Battlefront Ultimate Edition
- The Evil Within 2
- Summer Lesson: Alison Snow Garden of Seven Days
- Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto Seven Days Room
- Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
- Dragon Quest III
- Rez Infinite
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
- the Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls – Viewing Revolution
- Kaiji VR: Zetsubo no Tekkotsu Watari
At last, after two weeks of hilarious dominance the old Dead Rising (which has been on sale for a while) got dethroned. It resisted some solid assaults from new games, including the new Summer Lesson waifu, but it couldn’t hold off Gran Turismo Sport.
The game actually underperformed a bit at retail during its debut week, selling less than its predecessor Gran Turismo 6 did on PS3, and pre-orders were also down, leading Media Create to believe that the series had alienated a percentage of its fanbase. Yet, the PS4 audience in Japan has become increasingly accepting od digital download, with the game being always-online possibly making more lean towards the digital option. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait almost a month for Famitsu to release actual numbers.
City Shrouded in Shadow also did well, echoing its retail performance, which was nothing short of stellar considering that it’s a completely new IP belonging to a niche studio.
Interesting is also the strong performance of PlayStation VR titles, indicating that Sony’s action in increasing the availability of the headset in Japan is paying dividends. All three Summer Lesson titles, for instance, are back in the chart at the same time.