Unannounced Take-Two AAA Game Coming Before April 2016; Grand Theft Auto V Sold 52 Million Units
Take-Two Interactive just announced its financial results for the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2015, and they’re quite positive, with a Non-GAAP net revenue of $427.7 million dollars, about 200 million more than last year’s fourth quarter.
Non-GAAP Net Revenue for the whole year was 1.669 Billion dollar.
Below you can see a few bullet points from the press release, including lifetime sales of Grand Theft Auto V and Evolve.
- Launched Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online on the PC. Grand Theft Auto V has now sold-in nearly 52 million units across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Released Grand Theft Auto Online Heists – a four-player co-op mode for Grand Theft Auto Online that enables players to plan, prepare and execute multi-tiered Heists across Los Santos and Blaine County – as a free update on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC.
- Launched Evolve on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Evolve is being supported with a robust array of downloadable add-on content, including a Hunting Season Pass, as well as a companion App –Evolve: Hunters Quest. The game received positive reviews from influential critics, including IGN which scored it 9 out of 10 and Game Informer which scored it 8.5 out of 10, and has sold-in approximately 2.5 million units to date.
- Released Borderlands: The Handsome Collection on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The Handsome Collection includesBorderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel along with all of the downloadable content for both titles.
- Launched Sid Meier’s Starships™ on PC, Mac and iPad. This turn-based, tactical space combat game features cross-connectivity and unlockable bonuses with Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth.
- Brought WWE simulation video gaming to the PC and mobile platforms for the first time ever with the release ofWWE 2K15 for PC and WWE 2K for iOS and Android.
- Announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide, an expansion pack for the popular PC title from Firaxis Games, is planned for release in fall 2015.
Interestingly, there’s an unannounced AAA game coming in the current fiscal year, meaning before March 31st, 2016.
“Fiscal 2016 is off to a great start, highlighted by the April launch of Grand Theft Auto V for the PC, which has exceeded our expectations. Throughout the coming year, we will continue to execute our proven strategy of launching a select array of the highest-quality titles, led by new annual releases of NBA 2K and WWE 2K; Battleborn, a groundbreaking new intellectual property from Gearbox Software; and a soon-to-be announced new triple-A title from 2K. We also will continue to deliver innovative offerings designed to promote ongoing engagement with our games and drive recurrent consumer spending. Beyond fiscal 2016, we have a robust development pipeline and our Company is well-positioned to deliver growth and margin expansion over the long-term.”
The company also posted the outlook for the next year, in which it predicts to achieve a Non-GAAP net revenue between 1.3 and 1.4 billion dollar.