GT Sport’s December Free Update 1.31 Now Available
GT Sport will be receiving its free 1.31 update today bringing in a new car from Fast and Furious actor Sung Kang (Han) and a holiday backdrop for Scapes.
GT Sport Update 1.31 has been released for all players and includes seven new vehicles, a new track, and new league rounds.
The seven new vehicles added in this update include:
- Ferrari F50 ’95（N500)
- McLaren P1 GTR ’16（Gr.X)
- BMW M3 Coupé ’07（N400)
- Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12（Gr.X)
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am ’78（N200)
- Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) ’63（N400)
- GReddy Fugu Z (N300)
Of these new vehicles GT Sport developer Polyphony Digital chose to highlight the GReddy Fugu Z (N300) known for being built by Sung Kang, who himself is known for his role as Han in the Fast and Furious movie franchise.
It is based on a 1973 240Z which he bought in a stock state, and it was custom built to his desired specifications. The most notable feature of the exterior is the Rocket Bunny body kit consisting of very wide fenders and front/rear spoilers. And of course, the car is not just for looks. The engine is the famed RB26DETT from the Skyline GTR converted to natural aspiration, with mechanical tuning bringing its power up to 216 BHP. Using E85 Indy car fuel, it can produce about 295 BHP. To withstand this power, a roll cage is welded to the interior. In order to reduce weight, the dashboard and console are custom made by CarbonSignal.
Meanwhile a new track is now available for racers to drive on, the Tokyo Expressway South Route which is a new route added to the Tokyo Expressway street course, which previously had a Central and East route. The Catalunya Circuit Grand Prix Layout has been added to the Circuit Experience and the Museum now has a dedicated FIA section. Scapes mode now has “Peugeot-related spots to Brand Central” and a “Season’s Greetings” backdrop for those celebrating the upcoming holidays in GT Sport.
Lastly some new rounds have been added to various leagues in-game, of which you can find the full list below:
- GT League: This month, we’ve mixed things up a little, and added seven new rounds to four fan-favorite League events.
- Beginner League: Two new rounds have been added to the Nissan GT-R cup event.
- Amateur League: Two new rounds have been added to the Real Circuit Tours event.
- Professional League: Two new rounds have been added to the Mercedes AMG Grand Prix event.
- Endurance League: One new round has been added to the Gr. 3 Endurance League event.
You can view the new vehicle, track, and Season’s Greetings backdrop in the image gallery for GT Sport‘s 1.31 Update as well as the trailer for the update below.