GTA Online’s Upcoming Beach Bum Pack and Other Updates Detailed
Grand Theft Auto Online‘s Beach Bum Pack will the first wave of new content for both the single and multi-player portions of the blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto V. Included in the pack are new vehicles such as the, “BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat.”
New weapons will include the SNS Pistol and Broken Bottle melee weapon. New missions will be added across all modes, and Rockstar was kind enough to divulge the following:
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ’em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
The developers also gave some indications for the game’s future, citing cooperative heists and capture the flag as being on the horizon, with single-player story mode content to follow. The Beach Bum Pack will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on November 19th, 2013.
Grand Theft Auto V was developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games on September 17th, 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Grand Theft Auto Online was launched on October 1st, 2013.