Guerrilla Games Could Have More than One Game in Development
Many have been wondering about Guerrilla Games’ mysterious new PS4 game, which is rumored to be an open world RPG code named “Horizon,” but the studio could have more than just that title in the pipeline.
A new career opportunity ad seeking a Writer, rather explicitly mentions “one of its upcoming games,” seemingly indicating that there isn’t just one in the works:
Guerrilla is looking for a Writer for one of its upcoming games. As the successful candidate, you will become part of the team and work on-site with the game director and designers to craft a compelling, original story that keeps players invested until the very end. In addition, you will write dialogue and background stories for the characters, create screenplays for in-game cinematics, and maintain a story bible for the game world. You will also collaborate with the audio team on voice recording sessions, reviewing audition materials and helping pick takes.
We want to hear from you if:
- You have at least three years’ worth of writing experience in a relevant industry (games, movies, TV, comics, etc.);
- You have experience in writing dialogues or screenplays (not necessarily for games);
- You have a strong affinity for games;
- you have a passion for storycraft and deep understanding of dramatic structure;
- You’re up-to-date with the possibilities and limitations of current game technology;
- You possess excellent language skills and a riveting style of writing;
- Your English is impeccable, we can’t distinguish you from a native speaker;
- You’re able and willing to collaborate with many different individuals in the creation of the game;
- You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams;
- You’re willing to accept criticism, edit stories and write several drafts of a plot.
Of course we have no way to know for sure, and we’ll have to wait for an official announcement (which might take some time, considering that even “Horizon” hasn’t been officially announced yet, and the folks at Guerrilla have been extremely tight-lipped about it).
Interestingly, a second new ad, seeking an UX Lead, also talks about “upcoming titles.”
It certainly wouldn’t be surprising if the studio were to be working on multiple games, considering that it currently counts over 270 employees.