Guerrilla Games' New PS4 Game to Include Animals/Creatures with "Real-Time Animalistic Movement"
Very little is known about the Guerrilla Games’ unannounced PS4 game, even if there are widespread rumors about its nature as an open world RPG. Today we might be able to add another piece to the puzzle.
The prominent Sony first party studio just published a career opportunity ad seeking a Senior Creature Animator that definitely fits the bill.
Guerrilla is looking for a senior in-game creature animator with extensive experience animating animal movement and behavior. As the successful candidate, you will create real-time animalistic movement with a focus on quality and realism, while co-operating with game designers and programmers to fulfill tasks according to the production plan.
- We want to hear from you if:
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience
- You possess excellent working knowledge of Maya
- You have an excellent portfolio showing off realistic animations of creatures large and small (mammals, birds, reptiles, etc.)
- You’re able to create and iterate hand keyed animation quickly
- You possess strong communication skills
- You knowledgeable about game development processes
- You’re willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and able to handle multiple tasks
- You’re self-motivated and work well in a team
While I’m quite tempted to throw in a “Killzone dog confirmed!” joke, this ad is definitely compatible with the insider rumors that describe the game as including a red-headed female progatonist, robot dinosaurs, lush environments and other exotic creatures.
A title set in that kind of environment, possibly including jungles and similar areas, will definitely need plenty of mammals, birds, reptiles and other “creatures large and small” featuring realistic animalistic animation.
Of course this should be considered a rumor and taken with a grain of salt until an announcement by Guerrilla or Sony is made, but Sony’s press conference at Gamescom is less than a couple weeks away, and it’ll definitely be interesting to see if we’ll get a glimpse on the new game then.