Guild Wars 2 (GW2) Update Patch Notes - Today, March 23
Here are the patch notes of the latest Guild Wars 2 update.
Guild Wars 2 is one of the most popular MMORPGs out there, with over 14 million average monthly players. The developers ArenaNet constantly release updates for the game to keep the playerbase engaged.
Guild Wars 2 has received a new update today, which adds a new vendor for items. Alongside that, there are several other new items and promotions. Here are the complete patch notes of the same.
Guild Wars 2 (GW2) Update Patch Notes – Today, March 23
- Added a vendor for items from previous April Fools’ celebrations in Hooligan’s Route in Lion’s Arch.
- New cats, visible while under the effect of the Chatoyant Elixir or similar effects, have been added to each major city.
- Throw Mine: Increased cooldown from 15 seconds to 30 seconds in WvW only.
- “Stand Your Ground!”: Increased cooldown from 45 seconds to 60 seconds in PvP only.
- Pure of Heart: Reduced heal scaling from 0.3 to 0.15 in PvP only.
- Virtue of Resolve: Reduced heal scaling from 1.4 to 1.0 in PvP only.
- Shield of Judgment: Reduced protection duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
- Permeating Wrath: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
- Eternal Armory: Reduced burning duration from 4 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
- Sword of Justice: Reduced ammunition count from 3 to 2 in PvP only. Increased cooldown between skill uses from 1 second to 5 seconds in PvP only.
- Flesh of the Master: Reduced minion health bonus from 50% to 25% in PvP only.
- Death Nova: Reduced power coefficient from 0.6 to 0.45 in PvP only.
- Charged Mists: Reduced energy gain from 25 to 10 in PvP only.
- Phase Traversal: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP only.
- Surge of the Mists: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP only.
- Infuse Light: Reduced duration of damage inversion effect from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
- Energy Expulsion: Reduced knockback distance from 450 to 100 in PvP only.
- Blinding Truths: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds in PvP only.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The employees of the Black Lion Stables have traveled to the far corners of Tyria to make a whole new collection of mounts available to players. A new mount license is available in two varieties:
- Lost Era Mount Adoption Licenses will allow players to claim a random mount skin from the Lost Era set and are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 400 gems each.
- Lost Era Mount Select Licenses will allow players to select a mount skin from the Lost Era set and are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 1,200 gems each.
- For a limited time, the new Etherbound Weapon Collection is available from Black Lion Weapons Specialists for 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket per weapon. Tickets can be found in Black Lion Chests. Keys are available in the Utility category of the Gem Store for 125 gems each.
- For a limited time, the Etherbound Gauntlets, Etherbound Greaves, and Etherbound Pauldrons are available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems each.
- March daily sales continue! Today (Tuesday 3/23), enhance your mount stables with 30% off on the Mount Adoption and Mount Select Licenses for the Exotic Breeds, Istani Isles, and New Horizons sets.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Mystic Spring Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- Gnashblade’s Exotic Weapon Grab Bag returns as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Mystic Spring Chest.
- The new Mystic Smoking Pipe Warhorn Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Seven Reapers Pauldrons return as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Desert King and Mordrem weapon collections are available for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Alchemy and Glyph of Overload are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or redeeming them at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- The exclusive Vermilion Blaze Greatsword, Elemental Sword, Hounds of Balthazar Mail Carrier, and Fallen Balthazar Package are currently available.
- The bonus collection has been updated to a selection of town clothes outfits including but not limited to the Casual Hoodie Clothing Outfit, Layered Vest Clothing Outfit, and Cherry Blossom Clothing Outfit.
- Reduced the volume on the Eternal Mandala Glider’s deployment sound effect.
- The number of Prismatium Ingots required to craft the Fiery Dragon Slayer and Icy Dragon Slayer weapons has been reduced from 10 to 5.
- The Prismatium Ingot recipe has been updated to require 5 Prismaticite Crystals instead of 10.
- An alternative Prismatium Ingot recipe that uses more Prismaticite Crystals and fewer Orichalcum Ingots is available from the Olmakhan vendor in the Eye of the North.
- The Daily Dragon Responder achievement now rewards up to 10 Prismaticite Crystals instead of 6.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the search bar from displaying in the Customize window for legendary upgrades in nonlegendary gear.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pepperseed from reappearing in Thunderhead Peaks.