For fans of Guitar Hero Live, we have a mixed bag for the naughty and nice. The newest set of Premium Tracks aimed to bring some Christmas cheer before the holiday season. For those out of the loop, Premium Sets, which allow you to play select tracks before they are released to the general public a week later, are unlocked through either micro-transaction or completing select songs with qualifying scores. This is what players got this week:
- The Killers – “The Cowboys’ Christmas Ball”
- The Raveonettes – “The Christmas Song”
- The Darkness – “Christmas Time (Don’t Let the Bells End)”
Placing first in this show will grant you the exclusive Festive Skull player card.
Rock the Halls
- All Time Low – “Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass”
- The Killers ft. Tony Halliday – “A Great Big Sled”
- The Darkness – “I Am Santa”
Placing first in this show will grant you the exclusive Making Shapes fretboard.
Also, with the advent of new Premium Shows, the old Shows are thrown into the On Demand list and are available for Guitar Hero TV. Expect to find these in the lineup from last week:
- Queen – “Fat Bottomed Girls”
- Queen – “Hammer to Fall”
- Queen – “I Want to Break Free”
- System of a Down – “Aerials”
- System of a Down – “B.Y.O.B.”
- System of a Down – “Lonely Day”
Last but not least, the newly added Rival Challenge Mode feature is being removed from Guitar Hero Live, reportedly due to network stability issues. News comes by way of developer FreeStyleGames’ Twitter:
We're working on improvements to optimize the Rivals experience in GHTV. The feature will be offline until early Jan. Thx for your patience.
— FreeStyleGames (@FSGStudio) December 28, 2015
So it seems like the new mode won’t be available until early January. Rival Challenge Mode was added not more than a week ago, allowing players to more directly challenge others for a head-on-head shredding battle.