If you’re still a fan of H1Z1 on PC and you’ve been waiting for some new content then you’re in luck, to say the least. Today, developer and publisher Daybreak Game Company released a brand new update for the PC version of the game, and, among other things, it adds a remastered version of a fan favorite map.
The original map Z1 has now been remastered and remade into Outbreak. While it retains most of the landmarks and a similar layout to the predecessor, there have been some changes made to it since its original release in the Early Access phase. If you want to get a look at Outbreak while your update is downloading, you can check out a brand new trailer that the developer released at the end of the article.
In addition to the new map, a number of changes were also made to the game mechanics itself, including adjustments to the AR-15 and the AK-47, as the well as the jump animations. You can check out the full list of changes below the trailer.
- Spawn selection has been disabled in all Outbreak game modes.
- The AR-15 and AK-47 have been adjusted to allow two to three (depending on how fast you’re firing) extra shots put on target before recoil growth kicks in. This does not affect tapping shot behavior.
- The AR-15 and AK-47 are now 60% more accurate when hip-firing.
- Crouch fatigue has been removed, so players are no longer restricted with the crouch action regardless of how often it is used.
- Jump animations have been shortened to provide a more responsive jump action, allowing players to jump more frequently without having to wait for animations to complete. Additionally, player momentum and velocity persist in the direction of the jump, allowing you to freely aim and look around without prematurely shortening your leap.
- Running and sprinting animations have been restored to Preseason 3 versions, with the Rifle class of weapons having a prominent forward-facing position.
- Much-beloved bullet impact sounds have returned. Helmet break, headshot, and laminated/makeshift armor break sounds are all back from Preseason 3.