Today developer Piece of Cake Studios announced that it will be allowing players to participate in an open beta for its new game Hacktag. Players are able to sign up right now by clicking here, with the beta going live sometime today.
You can find a description of Hacktag, straight from the developer, below:
Hacktag has already won multiple industry awards for its promising and original gameplay. It’s a 2-player cooperative experience, available in both split screen and online mode, in which one person taking on the role of a hacker while the other is the field agent. Stealth is key for both players as they work together to successfully complete industrial espionage missions. With each objective, Hacktag wants to ensure players feel like the heroes from all the best and greatest heist movies, it’s Mission impossible meets Keep talking and nobody explodes.
In addition to the description, you can also check out a full list of features for Hacktag:
- Online and local multiplayer: Play separately or share the same screen.
- “Co-operative” gameplay: As mercenaries, your partner is also your best competitor!
- Original co-op mechanics and mini-games: Alarms, locked doors or jails…
- Procedural generation: 3 corporations, 3 types of missions and infinity of levels.
- Experience and unlockable skills: Gain levels and choose new active or passive skills.
- Character creation: Customize your character with unlockable content.
- Online challenges, rankings and leaderboards: Share your scores and defy your friends.
- Unique story for each player: Experience Hacktag’s story with your own NPCs.
Piece of Cake Studios also revealed that while Hacktag was originally going to be released on Steam Early Access on May 18th, 2017, that has been delayed to June 1st, 2017. Extra time will be used to ensure that the online mode is as good as the splitscreen mode.
Hacktag will be released exclusively on PC.