Halo 5: Guardians Overtime Update Revealed; Includes Xbox One X Support and More
Halo 5: Guardians' Overtime Update includes the return of Oddball, Xbox One X support, and a whole lot of bug fixes and tuning.
Those craving for new content in Halo 5: Guardians won’t have to wait much longer as developer 343 Industries has officially announced that the Overtime Update has hit the game, and it includes a ton of new content.
First and foremost, the popular game mode Oddball will be making its official return, complete with new medals, voice-over, and custom game settings. This means that, so long as your in a private match, players will be able to edit a number of different features about the game mode, including ball type, explosion damage, and more.
In addition to that, the game is finally getting Xbox One X support, which was previously revealed back in July, but at the time a date was not revealed. This, of course, means that the game will now support 4K resolution, as well as 60 FPS.
A number of different aspects of the game were also updated in the form of weapon tuning, bug fixes, and more.
In other Halo 5: Guardians news, a few months ago Microsoft revealed that a number of different stores around the world would be hosting tournaments for the game.
Halo 5: Guardians was officially released on October 27, 2015, and is available on Xbox One.
You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
- Halo 5 now looks better than ever with 4K UHD support for Xbox One X!
- Play Ball! Oddball and Oddball FFA return as official game modes:
- New Oddball medals added
- New announcer voice over audio added
- New Oddball skull object added (it’s back!)
- Host and play low-latency Halo 5 multiplayer matches with the Halo 5: Guardians Local Server app for Windows 10 PC
- Support your favorite HCS team with new weapon skins for Splyce, Luminosity, and Str8 Rippin. Current release dates: Luminosity 11/7, Str8 Rippin 11/21, Spylce 12/5
- Represent your Halo World Championship home region with new United States, Canada, UK, Mexico, and Australia weapon skins. These skins will be available during the Halo World Championship 2018.
- New Weapon Tuning for 14 items deployed across all game modes
- New Commendations added:
- Brute Plasma Rifle
- Sentinel Beam
- Gravity Hammer
- Reach Grenade Launcher
- Wasp Destroyer
- Wasp Gunner
- Grunt Mech Slayer
- Assault Changes:
- Changed default settings for Assault to have ball explosion damage enabled on score
- Changed default settings for Assault to no longer include double thrust for a ball carrier
- Forge Changes:
- Added the Relic Sword to the weapon palette
- Added Forge entries for the new Gunfighter Flagnum
- New Custom Game Options:
- Oddball support on default Custom game maps coming soon (in the meantime enjoy the new Oddball playlist!)
- Ball Mode Options:
- Ball Type: Allows selection between the default UNSC Ball and the newly added Oddball Skull for use as the game ball
- Ball Explosion Damage: Allows enabling/disabling of explosion damage when the ball is scored in an Assault mode
- Score Per Kill While Carrying: Allows configuration of points awarded for killing an enemy player while carrying the ball
- Ball Carrier Traits -> Melee Damage Modifier: Added a value for “Standard Weapon Melee Damage”, which configures ball melee damage to be exactly equivalent to that of a normal weapon melee
- Respawn Menu Options:
- Player Follow Camera Enabled During Respawn: Enable or disable the Player Follow Camera screen during respawn
- Follow Camera Allow Enemy Player Selection: Allows the selection of enemy players in the Player Follow Camera screen during respawn
- Enable Stacking Team Spawn Influencers: Increases the chance of spawning with teammates
- Spawning Mode: Choose between default spawn selection and random spawn selection
- Flag Mode Options:
- Flagnum Type: Set the type of Magnum (standard or Gunfighter) that will be wielded when holding the flag
IMPROVEMENTS & FIXES
- General stability fixes
- Improved JIP (“Join in Progress”) rules for Social playlists
- Added thresholds that will prevent JIP in Social playlists depending on the remaining score to victory, score differences between teams in a match, and time remaining in the match. These are tuned on a per-game-mode basis with the goal of reducing negative JIP experiences.
- Fixed a number of exploits for Warzone
- Fixed ability to get inside bases to contest
- Fixed ability to get under the world
- Fixed ability to destroy the core when you should not be able to
- Fixed an issue where the red team shield door would sometimes not have proper collision
- BTB Assault matches now group properly under their own category in the Service Record
- Fixed an issue where REQ currency would sometimes not recharge properly when joining in progress to Warzone modes
- Fixed an issue where players who JIP’ed into Warzone games were not leveling up
- Fixed an issue where JIP’ing players sometimes caused momentary hitches
- Added a fix for the “black screen” bug (We believe this is addressed, and will be monitoring closely – please let us know if you experience this issue post-patch)
- Fixed a bug in which banned players could continue to play matches
- Fixed a bug where March on Stormbreak and Battle of Noctus home bases did not have player collision
- Fixed a rare crash players could hit if they died while picking up power-ups
- Increased the cooldown time on the Banshee’s flip maneuver