Halo: The Master Chief Collection’s Next Update Will Provide Matchmaking Improvements
Coming off of a troubled launch last November, 343 Industries’ various patches and updates for Halo: The Master Chief Collection have steadily improved the game into a workable state, with the latest setting its sights on providing more updates to the game’s matchmaking services.
In a new post on 343 Industries’ Halo Waypoint blog, the studio provided a new list of patch notes for the game’s latest update, including significant improvements to the matchmaking search functions and decrease in errors resulted from “awaiting privileges” messages in matchmaking.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is currently available on Xbox One – you can check out the full list of patch notes below for the latest update to The Master Chief Collection:
- Improved matchmaking search success rates.
- Made an update to reduce instances of “Awaiting Privileges” matchmaking errors.
- Made an update to ensure player counts more reliably match the expected numbers for each playlist.
- Fixed an issue where player would sometimes appear to be searching in an incorrect “FIND GAME” screen.
- Added countdown sound effect to the voting timer.
- Made several improvements to party joining through the in-game Roster.
- Made an update to ensure that the mute icon is visible while in Matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue in Halo 4 where players could equip the same weapon as their primary and secondary weapons.
- Made several improvements to stat tracking for Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4.
- Made changes to Halo 3 and Halo 4 scoring to ensure that players are not penalized for destroying empty vehicles.
- Lowered the music volume level in multiplayer menus.
- Fixed an issue where friend emblems in roster would show up as default when exiting a game session.
- Made updates to UI and menus to improve multiplayer status messaging, such as when a player joins your lobby.
- Made an update to the Halo 2: Anniversary “Legacy” Stick Layout.
- Made stability improvements across multiple titles for campaign and multiplayer.