Frozenbyte Entertainment released a launch trailer for their roguelike game Has-Been Heroes today.
Has-Been Heroes focuses on the newest quest of some heroes that saved their kingdom long ago: escort the kingdom’s princesses to school1 But the journey is not as easy as it seems, so players must attempt to complete it multiple times. For those curious about the game, here is a list of Has-Been Heroes’s features as shown on the title’s Steam page:
- Control three characters across three lanes, coordinate their attacks and spells to defeat an incoming horde of enemies!
- Plan your route carefully on the randomly generated maps filled with surprises! Travel through merchants, spell vendors, treasure chests and other crossroad locations to boost your character’s powers… but be vary not to succumb to the darkness!
- A combination of turn-based and RTS game mechanics featuring easy-to-learn basics that are tough to master and evolve into frantic complexity. Discover new tricks and hidden features after hours of gameplay!
- Meet the epic band of heroes as the young and eager Rogue, joining the company of the wise monk Metacles and the giant-wrestling warrior Crux… and discover a band of long lost friends, such as the Anthropologist turned Mexican Wrestler, the ever-vigilant and paranoid Bodyguard, and many more!
- Unlock and collect hundreds of game-changing items and spells, boosting the heroes’ powers and making each run unique! 300+ spells, 200+ items, 13 regions, and 12 playable heroes!
- In roguelike fashion, die and try again! Each run is different due to randomized maps, spells, items, and enemies. With each level the length of gameplay increases, compounded by the peril of instant death, which forces the player to start over from the beginning.
You can watch the trailer and check out some new screenshots for the game below. Has-Been Heroes is now available on Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One in North America, with Europe and Australia getting the game on April 4.