Heavy Metal Machines Patch 0.261 Release Notes Detailed
A new update for Heavy Metal Machines is being deployed and Hoplon have detailed the changes coming to their fast paced vehicular arena brawler.
Hoplon has released the patch notes for their upcoming update for Heavy Metal Machines. The new update will bring some minor UI improvements, localization error fixes and various performance improvements. The developers also stated that they will be releasing a video in the coming days detailing their reasoning behind the update and what players can look forward to in the future.
Here are the full patch notes for update 0.261, courtesy of Hoplon:
New Shiny Things:
- We made some minor improvements to the game Interface – some items should be more visible.
- We fixed some display problems regarding languages and some localization errors.
- We fixed an error that was preventing some people from buying items in the game store.
- This HMM update is a little different from what we are used to: We decided to focus on the optimization of the game performance, made several changes and code improvements that considerably reduced the RAM memory usage of the game, it now uses 15% to 40% less memory. With that, we’ve noted the following improvements:
- Loading before the Main Menu 20% faster on average.
- Loading of Matches 21% faster on average.
- Loading after the Match 57% faster on average.
- On computers closer to the Minimum requirements, it represents an even bigger improvement:
- General reduction of loading times from 50% to 60%, including matches.
- With that, several crash issues regarding loading times should be fixed, the game itself should be more fluid and HMM should stop responding much less frequently during the match loading screen – one thing to test is not to click anxiously with the mouse on the loading screen (We know it’s hard)
- We’re aware of a bug that can cause a player to, randomly, not gain FAME when leveling up after a match. We know how frustrating the experience is when this happens and are working hard to fix this particular issue, however, it wasn’t possible to do so in this update. We will keep working on this issue so we can resolve it as soon as possible – and as soon as we do, we will give everyone who missed a Fame gain everything that they are due. Please rest assured that you will receive all the Fame that you deserve directly in your accounts when we fix this, and no action on your part will be required so that happens.
A video should be up on the next few days with more details on why we decided to do this update and what is next in the near future. As always, thank you for playing HMM and helping us make it the game we want it to be – we’ll see you in the Arena!
Heavy Metal Machines is currently available on PC via Steam as a free-to-play title.