Hero Power Introduces New Ways to Tackle Songs in Guitar Hero Live
A new batch of screenshots of Guitar Hero Live have been released along with information on Hero Power, which will replace series mainstay Star Power. Not content to just introduce full motion video as the background for songs, developer Freestyle Games has also changed the way power ups work during gameplay. Star Power traditionally would increase the multiplier for your score, as well as decrease the chances of you failing with a burst of energy. Now with Hero Power we have seven options to choose from.
- Clear Highway removes all notes currently on-screen, as well as adds them to your score and overall multiplier.
- Dial Up will increase the number of notes that appear for a period of time, allowing for more points to be scored but also a bigger chance of failure if you miss them.
- Dial Down is the opposite, decreasing the number of notes that appear.
- Double Multiplier simply doubles the player’s multiplier for a time.
- Score Chaser doubles the maximum multiplier that can be reached.
- Safety Net makes your multiplier and score streak freeze while active.
- Invincibility auto-hits the notes and won’t register any missed notes that you may input.
You can check out the new screenshots in the image gallery below, which include some of the different backgrounds for gameplay. Hero Powers will also be available in Guitar Hero TV, the music video mode. Guitar Hero Live releases on October 20 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii U.