Heroes of the Storm Adds Another Original Character with Qhira
Blizzard Entertainment is bringing a brand-new original hero to its MOBA with the Nexus-based Heroes of the Storm character Qhira.
Blizzard Entertainment’s Heroes of the Storm brings a slew of heroes and villains from the developer’s well-known and not-so-well-known franchises. With the addition of Orphea last year, the devs behind the MOBA have opened the doors to stretch their creative muscles with original Nexus universe characters. The newly announced Heroes of the Storm character Qhira is the next Nexus-based character and is coming to the game pretty soon.
Qhira hails from Iresia, the most technologically advanced universe in the Nexus. However, Iresia was destroyed due to a massive war that divided the people of the civilization. Qhira is one of the last known survivors and has yet to find anyone else from her dilapidated universe. Now, she is a bounty hunter scouring the Nexus for her targets, as well as searching for other survivors from Iresia.
Going more into gameplay, the new Heroes of the Storm character Qhira is a melee assassin who is exemplary in engagement and closing the gap for the kill. She wields an extendable sword that acts similar to a whip. Like all the heroes in Heroes of the Storm, Qhira has four basic abilities as well as two Heroic Abilities (you can choose only one). Here are those abilities, the key they are mapped to, mana cost, and cooldown as provided by Blizzard:
- Carnage (Q): Target your sword in a specific direction, continuously dealing 31 damage to every enemy the attack hits. Costs 40 mana with a 6 second cooldown.
- Blood Rage (W): Passive: Basic attack and ability damage do 46 damage over 4 seconds, with those effects stacking five times. Active: Deal 33 damage and heal 88 health for every enemy affected. 50% increase to damage and healing per stack enabled. Costs 35 mana with a cooldown of 8 seconds.
- Revolving Sweep (E): Attaches your sword to an enemy, stunning them for 0.25 seconds. Allows you to avoid basic attack and immunity to all effects as you rotate around the target for 2.75 seconds dealing 109 damage to all enemies between you and the attached target. Reactivate the ability to rush to the target to deal 122 damage stunning them for 0.75 seconds. Costs 70 mana with a 16-second cooldown.
- Grappling Hook (D): Allows Qhira to attach a grappling hook to pull herself towards any given terrain or enemy. If attached to an enemy, the target will take 36 damage; when she pulls herself towards the enemy, it deals 112 damage on impact. Can be used while Revolving Sweep is active. Has a 25-second cooldown.
- Unrelenting Strikes (R1): Every 0.5 seconds within a 2.5 second period, Qhira deals 46 damage to all enemies as your sword grows. Deals 86 damage and stun enemies for 0.75 seconds when the Heroic Ability ends. Costs 60 mana with a 75-second cooldown.
- Final Strike (R2): Whip your sword in a straight line dealing 432 damage to all enemies in its path. Damage of ability increases by 25 % to all enemies below 50% health. Costs 45 mana with a 40-second cooldown.
As always, there will also be a talent tree as you level throughout a match that will give the hero different perks depending on which talents you acquire. If you want to see her in action, as well as some of her skins, check out the gallery below.
You can expect to see Qhira in Heroes of the Storm on Tuesday, August 6 at 11 am PT. She will be coming alongside the release of the game’s new Ranked Season. Dubbed Storm League, the revitalized competitive mode will bring a ton of changes to Ranked play, including reduced placement matches, the removal of promotion and demotion matches, and the Ranked Seasonal Questline.