Recent Heroes of the Storm Patch Sees Balance Changes to Maiev
The latest update for Heroes of the Storm nerfs the assassin class hero from the Warcraft universe Maiev Shadowsong.
The newest patch for Heroes of the Storm addresses some balance issues with its most recent hero, the night elf Maiev.
According to Blizzard, the Warden in her current state is overpowered. Due to her high survivability, she has become an overly-dominant hero within the Nexus. The character’s stats, abilities, and talents have been nerfed. Here are the notes pertaining to changes made to Maiev:
- Basic Attack Damage reduced from 162 to 150
- Base Maximum Health increased from 2150 to 2236
- Health Regeneration increased from 4.48 to 4.66
- Fan of Knives (Q)
- Damage decreased from 180 to 170
- Vault of the Wardens (D)
- No longer grants passive Armor
- Level 1
- Naisha’s Memento (Active)
- Bounces no longer deal bonus damage
- Level 16
- Armored Assault (Passive)
- Physical Damage bonus decreased from 35 to 25%
- Now activates if Maiev has any amount of bonus Armor
While the changes do address the balance issues to some extent, the cooldown times for her abilities are incredibly low — with Vault of the Wardens at 6 seconds and Fan of Knives at 4 seconds — and health akin to warrior class heroes. Whatever the result may be from these alterations, Blizzard plans to “keep an eye” on how Maiev performs going forward.
Maiev Shadowsong has been seen in a variety of Warcraft games as an NPC in Warcraft III and World of Warcraft expansions Burning Crusade and Legion. She is also an alternate rogue hero in Blizzard’s card game Hearthstone. Maiev was revealed to be a Heroes of the Storm hero just a few weeks ago. She made her MOBA debut on February 6th, 2018.
Heroes of the Storm released back in 2015 and is currently free-to-play.