After just announcing it last month, Funcom is back and this time with a release date and a first look at gameplay for its multiplayer game Hide and Shriek.
Never heard of it? Here’s an official elevator pitch from the developer itself:
Hide and Shriek is a one vs. one multiplayer romp played out in ten minute matches. Your objective is simple: be a mischievous little rascal and scare your opponent half to death before time runs out!
Core features (including Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Masks):
- Play with friends or strangers in ten-minute one vs. one multiplayer matches!
- You are both invisible! You will need all your cunning to spot your opponent: look for doors opening, objects flying in midair, or traps being sprung!
- Over thirty different spells to discover, each with their own impish effect: blind your opponent, booby-trap doors, unleash a demon upon them, and much more!
- Shriek at your opponent to scare them! Use scary masks of famous characters like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, or use skulls and zombie heads that can be modified with accessories like gooey eyeballs, bloody hatchets, and much more!
- Dominate the leaderboards or get scared trying!
Hide and Shriek is set release for PC on October 25th for $5.99 USD. Alternatively, you can pre-order and save 20 percent — a whole $1.20.
Personally, I’m just stoked to see the great Let’s Play videos this game inevitably brings along with it. Check out the new trailer below: