Hitman 3 PC Update Patch Notes for Today (January 24)
PC VR issues have been fixed!
IO Interactive, the developer behind Hitman 3, has just rolled out a critical update for the PC version of the game that fixes the VR performance issues.
Hitman 3 was launched on Steam last week after exactly one year of Epic Games Store exclusivity, however, it wasn’t a smooth launch as players faced some game-breaking issues in the PC VR version of the game that almost made it unplayable.
- CHECK THIS OUT: How Microsoft’s Activision Blizzard Deal Stacks Up Against Other Studio Purchases
Today, the first phase of Hitman 3 and Hitman Trilogy hotfix was delivered through an update for the PC version of the game that improves the game’s performance in VR mode.
The developer is also aware of the other critical issues and is already working on some fixes.
Hitman 3 PC VR Update Patch Notes
- PC VR Performance
- We’ve rolled out a hotfix to address an issue with our shader cache that was causing performance issues. In addition, we’re investigating further fixes to improve the PC VR experience.
- Elusive Target Arcade Timers
- We’re investigating issues that cause Arcade Contracts to display fail states (lockout timers) even when players have not played the contracts.
- We’re aware of reports that the HDR implementation isn’t optimal on some setup.
- Troublesome Trophies
- We’re aware of several players having issues unlocking the following trophies/achievements: Ripe for the Picking
- Cinematic Issues
- We’re aware that Lucas Grey is missing from some cutscenes, most notably in Isle of Sgail (HITMAN 2) when played in HITMAN 3.
- Missing Items
- We’re aware that in rare cases, some players are unable to select unlocked items in their mission loadouts. We’ve not yet been able to reproduce this ourselves, but know of the issue through community reports and we’re working to resolve it fully.
- PC/Xbox Launching Issues
- We are aware of an issue where specific players on Windows PC (Microsoft) / PC Game Pass would crash when the game launched. A known workaround is to navigate to Settings>General and turn off the “Advanced Installation and management features” option in the Xbox app. It may be necessary to perform a full reinstall of the game. We’re continuing to track reported issues on Xbox consoles.
Hitman 3 and Hitman Trilogy are now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PC (Steam and Epic Games Store).