Hitman PS4 Pro Patch Offers Higher Resolution, Better Textures, and more Detailed Lighting
Today, Square Enix released a press release revealing all the technical details of the upcoming Hitman PS4 Pro patch.
Here are the salient bits:
- Overall resolution has been increased
- Aliasing reduced
- Reflective surfaces improved
- More detailed lighting effects
- Frame rate will stay the same
- UI rendered natively in 4K (not the game itself, just the UI)
- Ability to stream in higher quality textures
- 1080p users will benefit from a downsampled image, which will result in higher quality shading and less flickering highlights
Hannes Seifert, Studio Head of Io-Interactive added the following in the press release
“With HITMAN we made a live game which is constantly improving and the PS4 Pro aligns perfectly with that vision of constant improvement, we’re proud to support it.”
There was no word on HDR support.
PlayStation 4 Pro support for Hitman will launch on November 10th alongside the console.