The news that many were waiting for has finally come, and Sega just announced that Hokuto Ga Gotoku is coming west as Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise.
Like the original Japanese release, the game will be released in North America and Europe for PS4 only on October 2nd. It’ll cost $59.99, and it can already be pre-ordered on Amazon.
Below you can check out a list of bullet points directly from the press release. One of the most interesting things we learn is that the game is coming with both Japanese and English voice acting, which is a treatment not even mainline Yakuza games get nowadays.
- Become the Fist of the North Star – Explore an alternate version of the Fist of the North Star canon; take control of Kenshiro as he searches for his lost love Yuria in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. For anyone unfamiliar with the original story, Lost Paradise can be enjoyed as a completely standalone experience.
- “You Are Already Dead” or “Omae wa Mou Shindeiru?” Why Not Both? – Lost Paradise features English / Japanese dual-track audio, so you can ‘ATATATA!’ in the language of your choosing.
- Master the Hokuto Shinken Style – Kenshiro’s ultimate assassination techniques, the Hokuto Shinken, are at your disposal in battle. After building up the Seven Star gauge, you can demolish enemies from the inside out with dozens of brutal and iconic Hokuto Shinken techniques, faithfully recreated from the original manga. More lethal techniques will be available as you progress through the story and battles. Keep your fists up!
- Explore a Lost Paradise and the Wasteland Surrounding It – Even Kenshiro needs the occasional break from beating up thugs. Luckily, even in the dilapidated city of Eden, there’s no shortage of engaging side missions and minigames to take part in. Use the power of Hokuto Shinken to prepare drinks at a bar, manage a struggling nightclub, customize a buggy and race through the barren desert, play retro games at the arcade or your hideout, including the original Fist of the North Star game, and more! Tired of the city? Head out into the wasteland in your buggy to collect materials and complete side missions, but be careful of hidden dangers lurking beyond the dunes!
- Extra Carnage – Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise features everything available in the original Japanese version, plus extra carnage for the localized version! For the first time, witness the full effects of Kenshiro’s brutal Hokuto Shinken on the lowlifes and thugs of the post-apocalyptic wastes.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is Hokuto Ga Gotoku, announced for Japan back in August 2017 and released in March 2018. It’s a fantastic mix of the Yakuza series with the ultra-classic manga by Buronson and Tetsuo Hara Hokuto no Ken.
If you know me, you already know that right now my smile goes from ear to ear. With this, for me, E3 is already dead.
This post contains affiliate links where DualShockers gets a small commission on sales. Any and all support helps keep DualShockers as a standalone, independent platform for less-mainstream opinions and news coverage.