Hollow Knight’s latest update, titled Hidden Dreams, is bringing a good amount of new content to the game as well as some technical changes.
If you don’t already know, Hollow Knight is a beautiful hand-drawn 2D Metroidvania platformer.You play as a tiny knight trying to discover the secrets of an abandoned kingdom.
The new content coming to the game includes:
- New Upgrade: Dreamgate
- Two new bosses
- Two new music tracks
- New Stag Station
On top of all of that the update will also be making some fixes to a few minor issues that can be found in the game. There also has been some rebalancing of enemies in the game. All of the changes are listed below:
- The barrier between Hallownest and Dream has weakened. Essence can be gathered by defeating enemies.
- Enemy placement changes in City of Tears
- Boss title fixes
- Failed Tramway is only fully mapped once Tram Pass is acquired
- Removed toll gate in Deepnest
- Audio changes in Blue Lake
- Cyclone Slash increased size, reduced knockback, reduced anticipation and recovery time
- Increased damage for Glowing Womb hatchlings
- Increased damage for Flukenest flukes
- Landing in water no longer freezes Knight in place during splash animation
- A foe became slightly deadlier
- Fixed an issue where thorn charm hitbox could stay on between scenes, if player took damage then immediately entered a door
- Fixed issue where player could become trapped under lift in Stag Nest
- Fixed issue where using Quick Map at bench could lock game
- Fixed breakable wall in mines playing audio without mixer specified
- Fixed issue where ‘Charm Broken’ message could display incorrectly
- Fixed issue where Soul Warrior could cause a ‘tink’ effect on its Battle Gate
- Additional small fixes
- Additional effects
- Optimisations to object fader code
- Various small scene changes
- Various slight map updates
- Various boss fixes
The next platform Hollow Knight will be available on is Nintendo Switch. But back in May the developer said it could take anywhere from six to twelve months to get finished. Back in January Team Cherry announced they’d be cancelling the Wii U version of the game.
Unfortunately the above patch has been delayed on Mac, but Team Cherry has promised the delay will be a short one so expect it to arrive on Mac very soon.
Hollow Knight is available now on PC, Mac, and Linux. The game will arrive on Nintendo Switch at a later date.