For Honor Development Plans Revealed; Dedicated Servers And More Coming Soon
For Honor is finally getting new content, features, and more over the next few months.
If you’ve been craving for more For Honor content then you’re in luck. Today developer and publisher Ubisoft revealed its plan for the game moving forward.
First off, For Honor will be receiving two new seasons in both August and November. Both of these seasons will add a slew of new content including new characters, new maps, gear variations, and more. It was also confirmed that season pass holders will receive the new characters before other players do, however length of this exclusivity was not revealed.
In addition to the new seasons, the game will be getting some brand new features as well. Competitive play, ranked 4v4 matches, a new 4v4 PVP mode, a training mode, and dedicated servers will all be added to the game over the next few months.
Finally, new patch’s will be added to the game on a regular basis, and each one will be based entirely on feedback that the community provides. The first of these patch’s will be available today in the game’s public test environments on PC, and if that goes well, it should be available to everyone else in the near future.
Here is the full list:
- Dedicated Servers – The development team at Ubisoft Montreal is currently working on a dedicated server infrastructure. In conjunction to the dedicated server implementation, enhancing peer-to-peer stability and matchmaking remain priorities for the team.
- Two New Seasons – In August and November, For Honor will receive new season updates, introducing adjustments to the way players fight on the battlefield. Content from each of these seasons includes new heroes, maps, gear variations, gameplay updates and more. All season pass owners will receive early access for the new heroes released during the season. Further details will be revealed at a later date.
- New Game Features – Competitive play with a duel tournament feature and ranked 4v4 matches, as well as a brand-new 4v4 PvP game mode, will be added to For Honor in the coming months.
- New Training Mode – A more robust training option for both new and veteran players to hone their skills before heading to the battlefield.
- Global Balancing Updates – Building on the updates since launch, For Honor will receive more changes aimed at balancing heroes and game modes. Some of these changes will improve elements of the fight system to make attacking more advantageous while putting more pressure on defense. All these changes will be tested via public test environments on PC with the first test starting today.
Hopefully this new content and additions will bring players back to the game.
For Honor was originally released on February 14th, 2017, and is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
Thanks to FogKnight in the DualShockers Discord server for the tip!