For Honor’s — Ubisoft’s new IP which appears to have found some level of success — upcoming update 1.03 hits next week, and ahead of it Ubisoft has revealed the patch notes for said update.
Notably the biggest change is that Ubisoft has decided to revert back to the Guardbreak move to how it performed in the game’s beta. What this means is that you can now counter an enemy’s Guardbreak by using the same move yourself.
In addition to the Guardbreak change, numerous of the game’s fighters are undergoing changes, including Valkyrie who is getting buffed with more powerful and quicker attacks, while Peackeeper’s moves have gained an increase in range.
The update is scheduled to release February 28th at 8AM EST on all available platforms, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Below, you can check the full patch notes via the Ubisoft forums:
For Honor Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that caused players to lose the “Hard to Kill” Feat upon death.
Orochi & Berserker
- Addressed bugs with their area of effect (AOE) ground Feats not working if the player stopped moving.
- The Orochi’s Nail Bomb & the Berserkers Stun Trap Feats now apply their damage effects correctly to characters who trigger the trap, but stop moving towards the trap, as it was intended.
- The Valkyrie Bloodlust Feat is now triggered on all types of kills as it was intended.
Berserker, Warlord, And Valkyrie
- Tweaked the “Rush” Feat animation transition bug from idle to sprint animations.
- We reverted the Guardbreak mechanics to the Beta behavior in order to have it be a more usable skill. Guardbreak is no longer un-counterable if you’re Guardbroken during Guardbreak startup.
- Attacks that cannot be blocked because they are too fast no longer display the Unblockable Attack feedback.
- Fixed camera clipping issues with walls on executions.
Some tweaking was made on the Peacekeeper during the Beta, which caused some bugs and unintended changes. We are changing some of her moves to behave as designed.
- Fixed the Peacekeeper Guardbreak and Bleed stacking bug.
- Stab 1 applies 2 dmg + 15 Bleed dmg over 10 sec.
- Stab 2 applies 2 dmg + 12 Bleed dmg over 8 sec.
- Stab 3 applies 2 dmg + 9 Bleed dmg over 6 sec.
- Bleed damage now stacks up for a total of 36 dmg, in the Beta this total was higher (45dmg) but has been reduced for balancing along with the accompanied bug fix.
- Increased the range of the Peacekeeper Stab Attack to fix issues with missed stabs and therefore not applying Bleed.
- Stab range increased from 1 m to 2 m.
- Changed the range distance of the Peacekeeper Light Attack. She can now connect a Light Attack after a parry.
- Normal Light Attacks had their range increased by 0.25 m; from 2.75 m to 3 m.
Berserker & Conqueror
- Light Attack recoveries decreased to prevent free Guardbreak on Block. This was never the intended behavior.
- Berserker’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms.
- Conqueror’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms.
Overall Valkyrie gameplay update/buff. We found that the changes we made during our latest Technical Test were impacting too much the dueling abilities of the Valkyrie. She has gone from the first place in Win/Loss in Duel to the last spot. We’ve made some of her moves a little faster and we’ve added some mix-ups.
- Pouncing Thrust and Hunter’s Strike damage increased from 12 dmg to 17 dmg.
- Pouncing Thrust and Hunter’s Strike can link into Light Chain faster: from 400 ms to 900 ms to 200 ms to 500 ms.
- Light Attacks recoveries reduced by 100 ms.
- Light Attack Miss Recovery 900 ms to 800 ms.
- Light Attack Hit Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms.
- Light Attack Regular Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Startup reduced by 100 ms, recoveries reduced by 100ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Startup 600 ms to 500 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Miss Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Hit Recovery 600 to 500 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Regular Block Recovery 600 ms to 500 ms.
- Shield Crush can now be chained into Light Chain.
- After 400 ms into Hit Recovery.
- After 500 ms into Miss Recovery.
- Hunter’s Rush Recoveries shortened by 200 ms.
- Miss recovery 1000 ms to 800 ms.
- Hit recovery 800 ms to 600 ms.
- Interrupt Block recovery 900 ms to 700 ms.
- Regular Block recovery 800 ms to 600 ms.
- Increased the dodge back on the Orochi’s “Riptide Strike.”
- Increased the backward displacement from 1.75 m to 2 m.
Duel, Brawl, Elimination
- Bots joining an in-progress match will be dead for the current round.
Changed music in Face Off screen.
Various bug fixes.