PS4 Exclusive Horizon: Zero Dawn Gets More Info on Gameplay, Machines, Weapons and More
During Guerrilla Games post-E3 recap livestream, Producer Dave Gomes gave more details about Horizon: Zero Dawn, delving in the ecology of the machines, Aloy’s abilities and more.
- Outfits aren’t strictly cosmetic. The outfit in the E3 demo increases some stats that have to do with stealth.
- Shell walkers play an important role in the ecology of the machines. The canisters on their back carry important resources.
- If you’re skilled enough you can knock the resources off the back of the machines and you don’t need to kill them.
- The slingshot is good for its big one-hit effect.
- The reason why machines are getting corrupted is one of the big mysteries of the game. It drives them wild, but also makes them stronger.
There’s “tons of content” to investigate in the game.
- The override is a great way to turn the tide of the battle by making machines fight on your side. There is a progression to it, and you’ll be able to do more with it as the game progresses.
- Overriding different machines has different effects.
- The focus on Aloy’s ear can scan the machines and tell you some of their strengths and weaknesses.
- The corruptors are some of the most agile, fast and though machines.
- You can shoot explosive traps to make them explode even if the machines don’t directly touch them.
- Once you turn a machine in a mount, you can whistle to call it. You can do so even in combat. Mounted combat is possible.
- If you can knock off weapons from a machine, it changes their attack pattern.
- The machines are gathering resources due to their ecology. It’s a really important part of the story and you’ll understand why while playing the game.
- There are lots of interior spaces in the game.
- The E3 demo takes place a couple of chapters into the game, after Aloy interacts with a lot of the tribes in the northern regions.
Have something to tell us about this article?