Today, Dutch developer Guerrilla Games and publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment released a new patch for Horizon: Zero Dawn that notably adds a new, easier difficulty level called “Story.”
Available now, Patch 1.32 is mostly just a normal ol’ patch, with a variety of bug fixes and game improvements. However, it does have one notable inclusion: and that’s the aforementioned new difficulty level.
According to Guerrilla Games, the new difficulty level has been added for people who mostly just want to experience the game’s narrative and not have the gameplay in any way be obstacle to that. While personally I think that would be an odd thing to do, because the gameplay is certainly the highlight of Horizon: Zero Dawn and not the narrative, it’s a nice option for those who want an easier way to breeze through the game.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is available as a PS4 exclusive. As of April 30th, the game has sold an impressive 3.4 million copies. Further, it has new content on the way this November, in the form of an expansion dubbed The Frozen Wilds, which was first revealed at E3.
Below, you can view the full patch notes, courtesy of the PlayStation Forums, as well as view a new trailer which accompanied the patch today. As always, be wary of spoilers when reading the patch notes.
- Added ‘Story Mode’ difficulty. An easier difficulty setting for people that mainly want to experience the story of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Fixed an issue for some players where human melee attackers could change their rotation and warp towards the player after jump attacking giving them an unfair advantage.
- Fixed an issue in New Game+ where some players were not allowed to fast travel to Sunfall campfires with the Shadow Stalwart Adept armour equipped.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were not able to abandon a job for a job created to buy items at a merchant.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered where some animation events would not work properly when the player has a lot of resources.
- Fixed an issue in “Revenge of the Nora” where for some players the Nora would not help Aloy fight off the enemy during the ‘Clear the Camps’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where some players were not able to continue the quest if they dropped their Tripcaster on NG+ before talking to Rost.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where some players were not able to get back in the palace to talk to Blameless Marad as the gates were closed.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash for certain players if they switched difficulty while Aloy is dead with an Errand active.
- Fixed an issue where for some players the game would crash if a player continuously makes ‘Jobs’ and then changes difficulty continuously.
Minor text fixes.