During the livecast following Sony Interactive Entertainment’s PlayStation Meeting in New York, Guerrilla Games Managing Director Hermen Hulst talked a bit about Horizon: Zero Dawn, also reassuring gamers that it will provide an “amazing experience” both on the new PS4 Pro and on the original console.
Here’s a recap of what he shared:
- According to Hulst, PS4 Pro is a “great thing” for Horizon: Zero Dawn, as it’s an open world with massive draw distances and amazing level of detail for instance in the foliage. The world is all about “majestic beauty” and PS4 Pro “takes the experience to the next level.”
- Horizon: Zero Dawn is “by a mile and a half” the most ambitions project Guerrilla has ever made.
- An important element of the game’s combat isn’t just the fluidity, but also that Aloy can run away and go back into stealth, to engage again afterwards on her own terms.
- There are a ton of different ways to play the game but also to build your own personal Aloy.
- The PS4 Pro will offer an even better resolution and frame rate as smooth as possible, but the PS4 will still run the game without problems. According to Hulst, people have seen it run at events on normal PS4s, and it’s going to look even better when it comes out. Gamers are going to have an “amazing experience” on both consoles.