How to Beat Darkrai in Pokemon GO Raid Guide, Weakness, Counters
The Pokemon GO Halloween event is moving on to its spooky second part, and with it comes a whole bunch of new raid bosses.
Not only are the one and three star bosses changing but the five star raid boss and Mega raid boss are both changing too.
For the first time ever, Mega Absol will be appearing in raid battles, offering players to fill another spot in their Mega ‘Dex and joining it in five star raids is the returning Darkrai.
To make sure you’re prepared, here is how to beat Darkrai in Pokemon GO with our raid guide, which includes all of its weaknesses and the best counters for them.
Every Darkrai Weakness in Pokemon GO
Darkrai, as its name suggests, is a Dark-type Pokemon, however, don’t be fooled by its looks, as it isn’t half Dark, half Ghost.
This means there are three weaknesses you should look to exploit to help you beat Darkrai – they are Bug, Fairy and Fighting-type moves.
Don’t bring Dark, Psychic or Ghost-type Pokemon to raid battles as Darkrai resists all three of these types.
How to Beat Darkrai – Raid Guide and Best Counters
Darkrai’s weaknesses mean there are a bunch of good Pokemon that will help beat it in Pokemon GO.
In terms of Mega Pokemon, Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny and Mega Altaria are all solid choices.
Following that, Fighting-types are the ones you’ll be most likely using. The best options here are Lucario, Conkeldurr, Machamp, Hariyama, Breloom, Toxicroak, Sirfetch’d, Blaziken, Emboar and Heracross
Other good choices in Darkrai raids are Zacian, Togekiss, Gardevoir, Genesect, Sylveon and Yanmega.
The best movesets for each of these Pokemon is as follows:
- Mega Beedrill – Bug Bite/X-Scissor
- Mega Lopunny – Low Kick/Focus Blast
- Mega Altaria – Dragon Breath/Dazzling Gleam
- Lucario – Counter/Aura Sphere
- Conkeldurr – Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Machamp – Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama – Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Breloom – Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Toxicroak – Counter/Dynamic Punch
- Sirfetch’d – Counter/Close Combat
- Blaziken – Counter/Focus Blast
- Emboar – Counter/Focus Blast
- Heracross – Counter/Megahorn
- Zacian – Metal Claw/Play Rough
- Togekiss – Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Gardevoir – Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Genesect – Fury Cutter/X-Scissor
- Sylveon – Charm/Dazzling Gleam
- Yanmega – Bug Bite/Bug Buzz
Providing you bring high-level versions of the above Pokemon and your teammates do the same, you should be able to beat Darkrai with around five trainers.