How To Change Your Valorant Name [2021 Guide]
You can change your Valorant name for free.
Wondering how you can change your display name in Valorant? Well, here’s the complete guide for making the process easier for you.
Riot Games’ Valorant is one of the most popular first-person shooter games to play right now. The game offers competitive gameplay, and millions of worldwide players love grinding the game for hours.
In Valorant, every player gets a unique RIOT ID, and players can use these unique IDs to find each other in the game. A Riot ID is basically a combination of your username and tagline, a randomized hashtag with 3-5 numbers or letters.
- More: Valorant New Agent Teaser Revealed at Summer Game Fest 2021
If you are sick of your current username, you’d be delighted to know that Riot allows players to change their Riot ID for free. Meaning, unlike in League of Legends, you don’t have to spend any Riot points to change your name in Valorant.
How to change your name in Valorant?
- Firstly, visit Riot’s official website and log in to your account.
- There, you’ll see your current Riot ID, including your username and a 3-5 digit tagline.
- Now, click on your Riot ID to change it to anything you like. Unlike the display name, your tagline should be unique. You can use a combination of 3-5 numbers or letters to create your tagline.
- That’s it, now click on the Save Changes option and launch Valorant to see if your new name is reflected in the game or not.
Note: If your new Valorant display name isn’t reflected in the game, try relaunching the Riot Games’ client.
On Riot’s website, you can also change your account password and other personal information, including your email, region, and date of birth. Also, make sure to change your Valorant name wisely because you won’t be able to change it back before 30 days.