How To Update Apex Legends To Next-Gen On PS5 & Xbox Series X|S
The wait is finally over, next-gen Apex Legends is here!
After months of rumors and speculation, Respawn Entertainment has finally confirmed that a next-gen update will be coming to Apex Legends later today, along with the beginning of the Warriors Collection Event.
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S users will now have native next-gen versions that will be able to play Apex Legends at 4K, full 60hz gameplay, and more.
If you’ve been patiently awaiting the arrival of a next-gen update for Apex Legends, you’ll be pleased to know that from 10AM PT / 6PM BST a new update will go live with the Warriors Collection Event and the next-gen versions of the game.
However, downloading the next-gen version of the game isn’t as simple as downloading the latest update. So, here’s how to update Apex Legends to the next-gen version on both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
- READ MORE: Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event Start Time, Date, and Skins
How To Update Apex Legends To Next-Gen Version
The process of updating Apex Legends from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 will vary depending on whether or not you already have the game installed. Below you will find the process of updating for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, courtesy of Respawn Entertainment.
For PS5 Owners who already have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the Game Hub for Apex Legends on the PS5 dashboard.
- Press the “Options” button next to “Play Game” (represented by “…” inside the Game Hub).
- Press “Select Version” and choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the Game Library to delete the PS4 version.
For PS5 Owners who do not currently have Apex Legends installed:
- Navigate to the “Your Collection” tab of the Game Library on the PS5 dashboard.
- Find Apex Legends in your list of games and select it.
- When prompted, choose the PS5 version to download the updated next-gen version.
For Xbox Series X/S Owners:
- Apex Legends uses Smart Delivery on Xbox consoles. The best version of the game is automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation – no extra steps are required from you.
- READ MORE: PS Plus Free Games For April 2022 Leaked Early