How To Update Minecraft To 1.17 - Caves and Cliffs Update
1.17 has finally arrived...well, part of it has!
Part 1 of the Caves & Cliffs update for Minecraft has finally arrived, so you’ll need to make sure you know how to update your version of Minecraft to 1.17 to jump in and play.
With plenty of new content in Part 1 of the update, it’s important you know how to update your version of Minecraft to experience what’s new. Thankfully, DualShockers have put together a handy guide to show you how to do just that.
- MORE: When Does Minecraft 1.17 Come Out on Bedrock/Java
Minecraft 1.17 – Caves & Cliffs Update
The Caves and Cliffs update for Minecraft has been one of the most anticipated updates in the games history. Unfortunately, fans won’t get the whole thing in one go. Part 1 is available right now, with Part 2 arriving later in the year.
So, what’s included in the first part of the Caves and Cliffs update?
- The adorable Axolotl
- The incredibly cute Goat (Beware of its ramming tendencies)
- Glow Squid and Glow Ink!
- Plenty of new blocks, including Amethyst, Dripleaf, and Copper
- New items such as the Spyglass and Lightning Rods
Jump in right now to discover everything new in Minecraft. Part 1 of the Caves and Cliffs update is available for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, and Windows 10.
How To Update Minecraft to 1.17
For those that are likely on a previous version of Minecraft, updating to 1.17 is simple. If you’re on a console, Minecraft should automatically update when you next boot up your console. For those on PC, it’s a little different.
- Open up your Minecraft launcher
- If you’re specifically playing on an older version of Minecraft, such as a modded one via Forge, your game will not automatically update.
- Simply select the drop down menu, circled above, and select ‘Latest Release’
- Once selected, hit play and your version of Minecraft will be updated