Hunt: Showdown Receives Simplified Chinese and Russian Localization; More Languages Incoming
Crytek added Simplified Chinese and Russian localizations to Hunt: Showdown on PC, and will be adding even more languages to the game soon.
Crytek’s new multiplayer FPS Hunt: Showdown has been in Early Access on PC since February, but up until now, was only playable in English. That changed today though, as the developers announced that both Simplified Chinese and Russian localizations have been added through today’s update.
In order to change which language you want to play with, you’ll have to go into the game’s properties in your Steam library and choose it there. Unfortunately, you can not change it in-game, and it currently only impacts different UI and menu elements in the game. You can check out the full list of patch notes below:
With this patch we have added localization for two languages:
- Mandarin Chinese
Please be aware that the narrative content for Hunt: Showdown has not been translated. At this time, the above localizations apply to the UI and other in-game elements (e.g. menus).
- Applied a tentative fix for those not receiving rewards after successfully extracting from a round
- Fixed a number of bugs that would cause the map to display incorrectly in the following instances:
- Joining a single target mission after completing a 2-Target mission would cause the map to display a small area set aside for another target
- Join a single target mission: the map would show a divide similar to that shown for a 2-Target missions
- Fixed a bug that would cause second results screen at the end of a round stating “No events logged”
- Fixed a bug that would cause an incorrect message to display on the summary screen due to a slowdown of communication between the backend and dedicated servers.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the results screen to appear at the same time as receiving the 0x3001 error. Now the results screen will only appear when the connection has been re-established
- Fixed a bug that would interfere with the functionality of the Electric lamp if one tool slot was empty (example – equipping the lamp to slot 5 while slot 4 is empty: the lamp on/off function would be bound to slot 4 instead)
- Fixed a bug that would cause the game to crash when loading into a match on some occasions
- Fixed a potential crash that could be caused when using a consumable item, such as throwing a lantern
If you aren’t comfortable playing in the three available languages, several more are in the development pipeline at Crtyek. This includes languages such as French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Polish, and Turkish. In order to reach the widest audience, game’s need to be localized for various regions, so it’s nice to see that more localization support is being added to Hunt: Showdown.
Hunt: Showdown is currently available in Early Access on PC.