Hunt Showdown Update February 2021 1.4.9 - New DLC and Patch Notes
Hunt Showdown update 1.4.9 is now available on PC.
Hunt Showdown is a first-person shooter from Crysis developer Crytek. The game released on PC and Xbox One in 2019 before coming to PS4 last year. Now, developers Crytek has revealed the details for the Hunt Showdown Update for February 2021, ver. 1.4.9, which includes some new DLC and bug fixes. Here’s everything you need to know.
Hunt Showdown Update February 2021 – Experimental Beta Branch
Crytek is adding a new beta branch in this update. The plan with the branch is to try and dampen the stuttering issues some players have faced in the shooter. To use the beta branch in Hunt Showdown, players should select the game in the Steam library, select settings, then properties and then select the beta page. There, they will find a drop-down menu in which this beta branch can be selected.
The developers say of this beta: “It is important to note that this will not resolve the issues for everyone, but with the feedback and telemetry we gather from this branch, we will be able to dig deeper into this problem.”
Hunt Showdown Update February 2021 – Spirit of Nian DLC
The update contains some new DLC, titled Spirit of Nian, which consists of North Star (Legendary Hunter), The Sovereign (Legendary Hunter), Sniper’s Gift (Legendary Nagant Officer Carbine), Dragon’s Song (Legendary Blank Fire Decoys), and Fire Monkey (Legendary Fusees).
The latest update also contains a handful of bug fixes which can be found below:
- Optimized the transition between compounds to reduce stutters.
- Switching from a hunter with less traits and switching to another with more will result in the display skulls not appearing behind the traits.
- Trait box indicators are missing after hiring a hunter that has less traits than the currently selected one.
- Improvements made to the reverb zones in Watch Towers.
- Improvements made to the textures tied to the Specter 1882 Foregrip “Carter’s Quickshot”
- Fixed an issue that resulted in visual issues for Carter within lobby
- Fixed an issue that caused Carters’ gloves to clip through some weapons.
- Fixed an issue that caused Carters’ gloves to clip while in dark sight effect.
The update is available now on PC and is around 630MB in size.