ID@Xbox Adds 13 New Indie Titles to Lineup for GDC 2019
ID@Xbox has announced their full lineup of games that will be playable at GDC 2019 in San Francisco next week, bringing the total to 30.
GDC 2019 is quickly approaching (man I gotta pack at some point) and ahead of the conference ID@Xbox has announced the thirty games they will be showing off in San Francisco from March 18-22, 2019 that includes 13 new titles.
ID@Xbox (Microsoft’s indie-focused department) will be at the Microsoft Booth in the lower level of the South Hall and at a Developer Showcase for media members, so expect a write up sometime during or after GDC. The thirteen new titles under ID@Xbox include: Beholder 2, Boomerang Fu, CrossCode, Dead Static Drive, Door Kickers: Action Squad, HyperDot, Mowin’ & Throwin’, StarCrossed, Stela, The Forgotten City, Totem Teller, UnderMine, and Unrailed!
The full list of games being shown is below, as well as any relevant tidbits about them.
- Afterparty (Night School Studio) – Xbox Game Pass: Night School’s previous game, Oxenfree, was quite good and released first on Xbox One making Afterparty’s inclusion on Xbox Game Pass under ID@Xbox a natural evolution of their relationship with Microsoft.
- Beholder 2 (E-Home Entertainment/Alawar Premium Limited) – Announced Today for Xbox One
- Boomerang Fu (Cranky Watermelon Pty Ltd) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
- Buildings Have Feelings Too (Merge Games Ltd/Black Staff Games): This appears to be something of a 2D city builder with anthropomorphic buildings.
- Cake Bash (High Tea Frog) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Cat Quest II (PQube/The Gentlebros)
- CrossCode (Deck13 Interactive/Radical Fish Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced: This came out on PC last year and impressed quite a few critics.
- Dead End Job (Headup GmbH/Ant Workshop) – Xbox One X Enhanced: Binding of Isaac meets Ghostbusters?
- Dead Static Drive (Fanclub) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
- Devil’s Hunt (1C Publishing EU/Layopi Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Door Kickers: Action Squad (Killhouse Games/PixelShard) – Announced Today for Xbox One: cooperative pixelated SWAT simulator.
- Family Man (No More Robots/Broken Bear Games)
- Hunt: Showdown (Crytek) – Xbox One X Enhanced: it was also recently announced that this would be coming to Xbox Game Preview sometime this Spring.
- HyperDot (GLITCH/Tribe Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill (Thunderful/Megagon Industries) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Minion Masters (BetaDwarf) – Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
- Mowin’ & Throwin’ (House Pixel Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One
- Operencia: The Stolen Sun (Zen Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
- Raji: An Ancient Epic (SUPER.com/Nodding Head Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Silver Chains (Headup GmbH/Cracked Heads) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Sparklite (Merge Games Ltd/RedBlue Games)
- StarCrossed (Whitethorn Digital/Contigo Games Inc.) – Announced Today for Xbox One
- Stela (SkyBox Labs) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox One X Enhanced
- The Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced: This is actually based on a popular Skyrim mod that is now its own standalone game.
- The Sojourn (Iceberg Interactive/Shifting Tides) – Xbox One X Enhanced
- Totem Teller (Grinning Pickle) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
- UnderMine (Thorium Entertainment) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
- Unrailed! (Daedalic Entertainment/Indoor Astronaut) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
- Void Bastards (Humble Bundle/Blue Manchu) – Xbox Game Pass: We recently got to talk to Jonathan Chey, co-founder of Irrational Games (RIP) about this inspired title.
- Xenosis: Alien Infection (NerdRage Studios) – Xbox One X Enhanced