If You’ve Been Away from Bloodborne for a While, Sony Reveals How to Access The Old Hunters Expansion
Releasing all the way back in March of this year, From Software’s Bloodborne easily established itself as one of the year’s most thrilling titles and fans of the title will be getting a whole new dose of challenges and areas to explore in its new “The Old Hunters” expansion, and even if you’ve been away from the game for several months, the steps in accessing the new content have been outlined by Sony.
In a post on the European PlayStation Blog alongside notes for the game’s upcoming patch, Sony also revealed the exact steps that players will need to take in order to access “The Old Hunters” portion of the game.
Like typical Bloodborne, it’s not exactly a straightforward process and requires making a few trips and stops, but the exact steps to accessing the new expansion’s areas are below:
- Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.
- Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger.
- Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.
- Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.
- Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.
Bloodborne is available now for PS4, with the game’s expansion “The Old Hunters” set to release on November 24th, 2015.