Imperator: Rome Announced by Paradox Interactive; Coming Next Year
Paradox Entertainment announced a brand new grand strategy game set around the ancient Roman Empire, titled Imperator: Rome and coming next year.
Today, at PDXCON 2018 in Stockholm, Paradox Interactive announced Imperator: Rome.
The game will include a map from Britain to India and a large variety of units from chariots to elephants. Characters will also have different degrees of loyalty, with the possibility of starting civil wars.
That being said, Imperator: Rome won’t be limited to the pinnacle of the Roman power, but it’ll go back all the way to the glory days of Athens.
Below you can check out a list of features directly from the press release:
- Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
- Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen, and slaves – each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness – your success depends on their satisfaction.
- Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
- Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities, and units.
- Different Government Types: Manage the Senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
- Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you – taking their armies with them!
- Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
- Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads, and defenses to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
Imperator: Rome is slated for release in early 2019 on Steam. You can check out a trailer below.
During the same event, alongside a bunch of tabletop games and several expansions for its major titles, Paradox Interactive also announced Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Age of Wonders and Overlord developers Triumph Studios.
You can check out the announcement trailer below, alongside the first screenshots.