Hailing from Earth Mecha, the Mecha Wonder Woman has arrived to Turbine Games’ Infinite Crisis, along with details, screenshots and a video, which you can view below.
Mecha Wonder Woman began life as D1A-NA, a diplomatic robot in service to Queen Hippolyta, ruler of the Amazon women of the island nation of Themyscira.
Called the “Wonder Woman” by mass media, Hippolyta made it her life’s work to forge a more peaceful world. D1A-NA was ever-present as the queen traveled the world and in time developed a personality that reflected the idealistic woman’s feelings on justice and equality.
Sadly, while accompanying Hippolyta on an errand of mercy, D1A-NA witnessed the horrific assassination of her queen at the hands of Doom Legion assassin bots. At that moment, she was transformed. An iron resolve developed within her, and she vowed to both avenge the queen’s death and continue her quest.
With aid of the Justice Consortium D1A-NA remade herself, far exceeding her creator’s original design. With these upgrades and knowledge of the Amazonian Warriors stored within her memory banks, she has taken on the mantle of “Wonder Woman” to shine the light of truth on a corrupt, violent world.
“The Warden of Truth” is a Marksman class character whose destructive salvos of justice can rip through battlefields with devastating power. Her skills include:
- Implacable Judgement: adds one stack of Judgement with each attack, with three together adding bonus damage to enemies.
- Glaive Storm: launches a wide spread of projectiles against enemies, with the first enemy hit receiving power damage, and all other enemies hit receiving one stack of Judgement.
- Afterburn: has Wonder Woman dash towards a target location, leaving a trail of scorched earth in her wake. Enemies in her path are dealt power damage.
- Celerity: grants a powerful attack speed boost, and stacks judgement to increase duration.
- Tempest: her ultimate, channels a cone of power damage over a short time.
You can check out the screenshots and trailer below, which offer insights and tips at playing with Mecha Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman and Green Lantern seem to provide Infinite Crisis‘ most interesting variations, so I can’t wait to see what other parallel Diana we’ll see next.
Turbine Games encourage prospective players to sign up for the Infinite Crisis Closed Beta and join the Founders Program, which unlocks special perks and assets depending on the tier players pledge. For more on the game, including other parallel world heroes and villains like the chainsaw-wielding Atomic Wonder Woman and magically-infused Arcane Green Lantern, check out all of our Infinite Crisis coverage.