Are you or somebody you know a Guitar Hero fanatic who can’t get enough of being a rock star? Thanks to InstantAction you can bring your groupies with you with InstantJam, the first ever online music-rhythm game that is free to play and embeddable anywhere online. While that in itself might not sound too appealing, the fact that players can use music from their own library is what makes this game more attractive.
Once the game launches, it will have all these features available:
- Your Music. Instant Jam automatically checks your music library to match your songs to suggested note charts so you can play right away with your music – be it a legendary rock classic or an emerging indie band. Or you can play your songs with any note chart you wish.
- More Music. If you see something on the playlist you don’t own, simply purchase new songs from Amazon or iTunes through the game and get in-game value in excess of the cost of the song. Purchased songs are added to your music library and yours to use anywhere you play your music.
- Your Game. Instant Jam is free to play via social features as you earn fans, plays and new virtual items for bragging rights. Level up and earn new items, or quickly purchase them with micro-transactions to enhance game play.
- Console-Quality Game play. With game play consistent with the best music games on the market, Instant Jam is playable from within any browser without long, annoying download wait times.
- Share with Friends. Instant Jam can be embedded anywhere on the Web. Simply copy and paste the embed URL into your blog or website. Share the game with your social network and challenge friends to see who jams best.
- Universal Play. Instant Jam is launching with thousands of note charts supporting the world’s most popular songs – more than all other console rhythm-music games combined. Support for dozens of new songs in a variety of genres from around the globe will be added each week. The possibilities are endless!
- Your Style. You can play Instant Jam with standard USB guitar controllers already in the market or tap away on your keyboard.
- Coming Soon. The InstantJam team will be adding new items and features on an ongoing basis based on community feedback.
There also seem to be plans for avatars and growing support for more music as Amir Rahimi, the executive of the game has said.
Instant Jam is currently available in a Facebook Beta Program and is being shown this week at gamescom. For more info on the game, go visit their official website!