Insurgency Sandstorm Update and Patch Notes, Today, October 8
In a crowded world of first-person shooters, New World Interactive’s Insurgency Sandstorm has managed to carve itself out a loyal fanbase.
Described as a “team-based tactical FPS based on lethal close quarters combat and objective-oriented multiplayer gameplay”, the game offers something different to the likes of Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Despite being three years old, the developers still regularly update the game.
The latest of these Insurgency Sandstorm updates is today, October 8 and here’s everything you need to know about it, including the patch notes.
Insurgency Sandstorm Update October 8 Patch Notes
Here you’ll find the full and official patch notes from the Insurgency Sandstorm October 8 update.
- Game crashes that have been affecting all consoles (Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 4 Slim, and PlayStation 5).
- Note: we have disabled 4K on PS4 Pro and PS5 as a temporary measure while we continue to look for a more permanent fix.
- Year 1, Year 2, DLC, and purchased cosmetics unlocking issues should be solved for some players.
- Fixed the toggle optic / lean bug.
- Fixed an issue where loadout and cosmetic presets would get wiped after a map change or game restart.
- Fixed an issue where the Red Dark weapon skin would not appear on the character on the Main Menu after being selected or equipped via Customization or Loadout selection.
- Fixed an issue where the Warlord Gold-Plated AKM weapon skin was missing from the Loadout Menu.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Peacemaker and Universal Digital weapon skins in the Loadout Menu would not equip the weapon skin.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon sway while ADSing was missing.
- Fixed some visual issues related to smoke.
- Fixed multiple issues related to mistranslated text or unlocalized text
- Fixes issues related to Call Vote.
- In-game store can now be accessed from the Customise menu.
- Now able to open the Region Preferences menu while in queue for a game.
- Tell West map added to Firefight mode.
- Bugs related to Prone positioning.
- Colour settings not saving.
- Gore animations missing.
- Lack of audio effects on guns.
- Missing textures, low res graphics.
- Ragdoll death occurring instead of full animations.
- Voice chat cutting out.