Pokemon GO - Is Golurk Good? Weakness, Best Counters & Shiny Status
As a reward for completing eight of the Ultra Unlock challenges put forward by Niantic at Pokemon GO Fest this past weekend, players have unlocked the first Ultra Unlock event, based around time.
As part of this, Pokemon from past ages, including Omanyte and Aerodactyl and the future, like Porygon, will be appearing in the game.
One of these Pokemon is a creature that’s yet to make its debut in raids, Golurk.
So, to help you out a little here is DualShockers’ Golurk Raid Guide including its weakness and the best counters to take it down plus whether it can be Shiny or if it’s good in PVP.
Can Golurk Be Shiny in Pokemon GO?
Unfortunately, the answer to this one is a simple no.
However, you can check out its shiny form below for when it does drop in Pokemon GO.
Every Golurk Weakness in Pokemon GO
Golurk is a unique Pokemon with itself and its first stage, Golett, being the only Pokemon in the game with dual Rock and Ghost typing.
Fortunately for raiders, having a unique type combination doesn’t mean you’re likely to have fewer weaknesses with Golurk having a total of five.
Those five are Dark, Ghost, Grass, Ice and Water-type moves.
Best Golurk Counters in Pokemon GO
The following Pokemon are your best options to counter Golurk in Pokemon GO – be sure to use the specified movesets for maximum efficiency.
- Mega Gengar – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Mega Blastoise – Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Mega Gyarados – Bite/Hydro Pump
- Mega Venusaur – Vine Whip/Frenzy Plant
- Mega Houndoom – Snarl/Foul Play
- Yveltal – Snarl/Dark Pulse
- Kyogre – Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Giratina – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Darkrai – Snarl/Shadow Ball
- Gengar – Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball
- Crawdaunt – Snarl/Crabhammer
- Swampert – Water Gun/Hydro Cannon
- Chandelure – Hex/Shadow Ball
Is Golurk Good in Pokemon GO? What’s its Best Moveset?
Unfortunately, Golurk is not a Pokemon you’ll want to be using in Pokemon GO’s PVP modes.
According to PVPoke, it’s the 370th best Pokemon in the Great League, 346th best in the Ultra League and 239th best in the Master League. Despite its meagre position, it does still beat Metagross, Zekrom and Melmetal. It just gets tanked by everything else.
If you wanted to take it for a spin, Golurk’s best moveset is:
- Fast Move – Mud Slap
- Charge Move – Shadow Punch
- Charge Move – Dynamic Punch