Japanese Developers Have a Lot of New Games and Announcements in Store for 2015
On top of the ones that we already covered in previous articles, several more Japanese developers have announcements and new games in store for 2015, as they told the Japanese site 4Gamer.
- Divine Gate Director Kota Takano (Acquire) mentioned that the studio is returning to consoles, and has begun to develop a new game in that direction, creating things that they never did on smartphones. Road to Dragons‘ Miyauchi Taukigai is planning a new title as well.
- Kazuki Morishita (Gung Ho Online Entertainment) said that for console games, 2014 has been a slow year dedicated mostly to preparation, but there’s a variety of surprises coming early next year.
- Deception series Producer Keisuke Kikuchi (Koei Tecmo) is preparing to announce a new title early next year.
- Tecmo Koei Producer Kou Shibusawa mentioned that the latest installment of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sangokushi) series is in intensive development. Deception and Fatal Fame producer Keisuke Kikuchi is also getting ready to announce a new game in early 2015.
- Idea Factory’s Norihisa Kochiwa (Omega Quintet) mentioned that in 2015 the studio will provide more news about the Makai Ichiban Kan series.
- D3 Publisher’s Yujiro Usuda (Bullet Girls) explained that the studio is working hard on a new title as well.
- Pokémon Developer Tetsuya Watanabe stated that the studio is doing a lot of new things for its next game, and they’re getting ready to announce it.
- Kotaro Uchikoshi (scenario writer of Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward) mentioned that Spike Chunsoft is getting ready to announce all the titles that have been building up over the years. Danganronpa scenario writer Kazutaka Kodaka also said that he’s ready to write new mystery stories. Yuichiro Saito added that the new games will be exciting and fans will find them great.
- 5pb.’s Chiyomaru Shikura (Chaos;Child, Steins;Gate) explained that the studio has several projects of different genres in the work, and he himself has a new game that should be announced in spring next year.
- Drakengard 3 Director Yoko Taro also mentioned that he has a game in the works, but declined to give further details. He didn’t even mention whether he’s working independently or for a publisher
If you want to read more about what Japanese developers have in store for next year, you can check out the specific news for Kingdom Hearts III, Level-5, Capcom, Final Fantasy XIII Director Motomu Toriyama, Experience, Nippon Ichi Software, Platinum Games, Gravity Rush and Toukiden.